The Details: The third annual Anime NYC convention is rapidly approaching and this event seems to get bigger and bigger with each passing year. For those still in the unaware, this is a convention that is 100% dedicated to the Pop Culture phenomenon of Anime, Manga and other related Japanese entertainment. It’s a three-day event that will overwhelm the senses and delight each and every attendee based on the special events, special guests and screenings, available products and scores of incredible cosplay of some of the most popular Anime in existence. If you’ve followed the Official PiercingMetal Instagram at all, you know full well that we just love the convention circuit and do our best to support amazing events such as this one. Now, thanks to the fine folks at Leftfield Media, my convention minded Anime friends will have the chance to win a Weekend Pass to the convention and this means ALL THREE DAYS of it. This is our second time doing a contest for this convention and we thank the fine folks at Leftfield Media for offering us this awesome giveaway. Historically speaking, this marks our 260th contest and finds this outlet passing 1700 tickets given away. Onward and upward I always say so get ready and get set because the details on how to participate in this one are coming up next along with some important guidelines. Let’s go.
When and Where: November 15th – 17th at Jacob Javits Center, 34th Street and 11th Avenue NYC
To Participate: When I did the contest for the 2018 Anime NYC, I really put the interested people to work. It was my very first Pop Culture event contest and we were dealing with a full 3-Day pass for said affair and that was my rationale. Since we are again dealing with full weekend passes I am putting you to work once more and this premise will be a fun one for sure. Considering how many awesome live action superhero movies have been coming out over the last few years for this contest YOU are the producer of an upcoming Anime live motion picture. Most of my contest questions will need your answers based on this premise. There are no wrong answers so let’s have some fun.
1. Producer: Name three possible Anime productions that you wish to pitch to the movie studio big wigs to be done with you at the production helm. Tell me why you felt these three features would be big winners at the box office. Just a sentence or two on each will suffice. If they somehow existed already you can be in charge of the remake.
2. Casting: Assemble a quality cast for ONE of the films you pitched and why you chose a particular actor or actress. You must name no less than four cast members and the character they will be in this feature.
3. Music: Who are three bands that you want on the Official Soundtrack to the film that you did the casting for up just above. What made you choose these acts for said album.
4. Bonus Question: I’m going to assume that our winners are planning on cosplaying this awesome convention and if you are, please tell me who you will be across the three days.
5. Bonus Question 2: Paste a link to yourself in your very favorite cosplay from your Instagram or a publicly viewable Facebook Page. We want to help share the love of the medium and get you more likes.
– Enter only enter once. All comments are moderated and will not appear immediately after your submission until staff can review them.
– Number them for ease of knowing if you followed the instructions or not if I’ve asked for a list of items.
– Please enter your full real name in the comment form along with a valid email address that you can be reached at if you win. Please do NOT put this information in the comment itself out of privacy concerns. The promoters will actually be contacting our winners using this email so double check it before you submit.
– Only enter if you CAN and WILL be able to attend the event and it’s logistically possible for you to do so. Essentially, if you live a couple of hundred miles away we don’t think you’re coming here for an expo in NYC.
– Subscribe to the comments on the contest post and check back to see the responses so you know if you won or not. I am very quick to choose winners once a few have come in.
– Make sure you are entering a NEW comment and not replying to another contestant’s entry as that makes notifying you much more difficult should you be marked as a winner.
– As there is a lot of writing here, I suggest you compose your answers in a text editor and then past them and do this from a computer or tablet. A mobile might be quirky.
Restrictions: This is the second time that we are doing a giveaway for this convention and it will close after the first week of November has passed or when my supply is run out based on my winning selections. Act fast because if you snooze, you lose and I should stress that there are NO PLUS ONES for this giveaway. The badge is yours and is non-transferable. Friends who wish to come along with you can try their luck at the contest or purchase their own ticket at the event on opening day or online.
If You Win This Contest: Winners will know that they have won a pass for the convention based on my responses to their entries AND the organizers of the convention will be contacting them via the provided email that we asked for to finalize their win and line out how to claim their weekend pass. It is very important for you to use an email that you regularly use for this contest.
PiercingMetal Thoughts: Lots of work for sure but last years was a lot more involved as you can see HERE. Please remember to support PiercingMetal initiatives on our Official Social Networks of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and most importantly ENGAGE with the content with likes, comments and shares because without that these types of promotional items will go away. I can’t wait to see the submissions.