The Details: If you’re a Heavy Metal and Hard Rock fan who has studied the teachings of the masters then you know full well about the greatness of the legendary UFO and the equally dominating Saxon. Each of these bands has brought forth so many amazing tunes and to say that there are numbers that are among the most important tunes for the genre would be an understatement. Just imagine the kind of night that these two might deliver for their fans on the live stage. Having been a fan of each act for so many years I am excited to add this new contest to our offerings thanks to the powers that be at the vaunted Times Square venue. Yes my fiends, some of the PiercingMetal readership are going to see the UFO and Saxon show for free on the Wednesday night appearance. Read more down below.
When and Where: Wednesday, March 29th at B.B. King Blues Club (237 West 42nd Street, NYC)
To Participate: I’ve already extoled over the mutual greatness of UFO and Saxon and since this is a super important show I am NOT going to make it easy on you at all. Tenured readers know that I generally ask for three things about the main act that make you clamor for this show win and guess what, I will stick to the premise for this giveaway. However, in this case there are two main acts and that means three items for each of them. Yep. Three for UFO and three for Saxon. You can cite your favorite albums and why, discuss past concert experiences and what made them special or even let us know how they affected your musical psyche. Just know that there have to be three for each band. Not one, not two but three. Incompletes are an immediate NEXT in the Big Metal Book of Passes and let’s face it, these guys deserve the input. As always you should make these interesting reading since typing in “because they rock dude” is just too un-original and boring. I’ll be responding to the comments that I like most right below their answer. This is for a single ticket only and no plus one requests can be honored. Sorry.
– Enter only enter once. The comments are moderated and will not appear immediately after submission.
– Number them for ease of knowing if you followed the instructions or not if I’ve asked for a list.
– Please enter your full real name in the comment form along with an email address that you can be reached at if you win. This is necessary for listing purposes. Please do NOT put this information in the comment itself out of privacy concerns.
– Only enter if you CAN and WILL attend the show should you win and it’s logistically possible for you to do so. Essentially if you live a couple of hundred miles away we don’t think you’re coming here for a show in NYC.
– This is for the WEDNESDAY night show, the 29th. Missing it and trying to enter on the 30th will NOT work. Don’t even try it.
– Subscribe to the comments and check back to see the responses so you know if you won or not.
– Make sure you are entering a NEW comment and not replying to another contestant’s entry as that makes notifying you difficult should you be marked as a winner.
– I suggest you typing your submission on a PC or in an email if you are using a mobile since sometimes a lost connection will cause you to lose your work. Once your entry is completed just copy and paste it in and edit from there.
Bring it on as this one will close by noon on day of show or when allotment has been depleted.
Restrictions: All of the PiercingMetal contests are open to our loyal readers, Facebook Page likers and Twitter Followers but that being said we are still looking for the new names first. Don’t let that stop you from entering of course but we do keep track based on the overall demand for this stuff at this point. We want EVERYONE to have a chance to enjoy a show on the provider and PiercingMetal but if you just won a contest recently you will likely not have a chance for this one. Those readers who won our Uli Roth contest should bypass this one since it would be too early to put you through. Please note that Anonymous or Guest comments will not be approved.
If You Win This Contest: If you are marked as one of the winners for this contest, here is how to claim the ticket. On the night of the show go to the venue podium and ask for the House Guest List. Please bring proper identification (driver’s license, passport, NYC ID card) and your name will be checked off that list for you to enter. If you encounter any difficulty, please politely ask for an onsite manager and cite how this contest was done in coordination with venue Marketing and PiercingMetal.com. You can also expect an email to the provided address reminding you of the win so make sure that @piercingmetal.com is listed as a safe domain to receive notes from. This win is non-transferable.