The Details: According to my records, this latest contest will mark the fifth time that I have done a giveaway for Y&T tickets and that is fantastic. So much so, I am repeating the scoop from a past contest to get this one online fast and furious. Here we go. I’ve said this before and I will say it again. Y&T are one of the best Hard Rock bands in history if you ask me. I mentioned once that I got into the band very late but have done what I can with the site to support their efforts. If you have not seen them yet you might want to get up on that since I can honestly say that there has never been a show done by them that I didn’t feel pulled out all the stops and left the audience screaming for more. Thought the lineup has changed since the beginning the group is still commanded by the great Dave Meniketti who has those powerful pipes and plays that guitar like it’s nobody’s business. All of this makes me happy to announce that the band will once again be returning to the stage of the B.B. King Blues Club and thanks to the venue some of the PiercingMetal readers are going to get to enjoy the show for free. Cool right? Read more below on how this works.
When and Where: Wednesday, February 21st B.B. King Blues Club 7:00pm (237 West 42nd Street NYC)
To Participate: As you know, Y&T has about a dozen albums by now, so I want to know what your top three albums in their catalog might be. I’ll ask you to tell me a few things about each of those that make them the top of your list. Now of course any show is bound to have some new people wanting to come in and if that means you then you have no such background. You’ll need to give me three proper reasons for selection. Make them solid to read more than just a plain old “because they rock man” because that is just too un-original and boring. If you’ve seen them do their thing together before then maybe let us know what we are all in store for here in NYC. I’ll be responding to the comments that I like most right below their answer. If you want to really impress me you can add some stuff about live experiences and how the band has affected you for so many years. Before submitting, please refer to these guidelines for good measure.
– Enter only enter once. The comments are moderated and will not appear immediately after submission and must be approved by an administrator. Once approved it shows online.
– Number them for ease of knowing if you followed the instructions or not if I’ve asked for a list of any kind.
– Please enter your full real name in the comment form along with an email address that you can be reached at if you win. This is necessary for listing purposes as you need to show ID at the venue. Please do NOT put this information in the comment itself out of privacy concerns.
– Only enter if you CAN and WILL attend the show should you win and it’s logistically possible for you to do so. Essentially if you live a couple of hundred miles away we don’t think you’re coming here for a show in NYC.
– Subscribe to the comments and check back to see the responses so you know if you won or not.
– Make sure you are entering a NEW comment and not replying to another contestant’s entry as that makes notifying you difficult should you be marked as a winner.
– I suggest you typing your submission on a PC or in an email note first if you are using a mobile device since sometimes a lost connection will cause you to lose your work. Once your entry is completed just copy and paste it in and edit from there.
Bring it on as this one will close by noon on the day before the show or when allotment has been depleted.
Restrictions: PiercingMetal contests are open to our Loyal Readers, Official Facebook Page and Twitter Followers living in the Tri-state area. That said we are always looking for the new names first to the giveaways. We want EVERYONE to have a chance to enjoy a show on the provider and PiercingMetal, but if you just won a contest recently you will likely not have a chance for this one. Don’t let that stop you from entering of course but we do keep track based on the overall demand for this stuff at this point. Please note that Anonymous or Guest comments will not be approved. This is for a single ticket only and no plus ones can or will be honored so don’t ask for one. If you have recently won a contest on the site (within a three-month period) you will not qualify for this event. Bring it on.
If You Win This Contest: If you are marked as one of the winners for this contest, here is how to claim the ticket. On the night of the show go to the podium at the entrance to the club and ask for the House Guest List. Please bring proper identification (driver’s license, passport, NYC ID card) and your name will be checked off that list for you to enter. If you encounter any difficulty, please politely ask for an onsite manager and cite how this contest was done in coordination with venue Marketing and PiercingMetal.com. You can also expect an email to the provided address reminding you of the win so make sure that @piercingmetal.com is listed as a safe domain to receive notes from.
We wish all participants luck and ask that they help to keep the PiercingMetal Site thriving by inviting their friends to “Like” us on Facebook, “Follow” us on Twitter and Instagram and keep on clicking the links on the website and offering up topical comments to our articles. Without your help, no one will know about the efforts being made for Music and Pop Culture.
Official Link: http://www.yandtrocks.com/