It wasn’t too long ago that we discussed William DuVall here on the website with the first single from his now released album (seen HERE) and the announcement about a short tour (discussed HERE). Now its time to add this talented musician to our run of awesome contests. Read on down below.
The Details: William DuVall is the voice behind the mighty Alice In Chains and now that they have completed a massive tour, it’s time to deliver something much different to his world of fans. As noted just above, he’s recently released a solo acoustic album and has embarked on a brief tour at a number of the City Winery locations. With the NYC space being worked on at the moment, this show will be held at the awesome Cutting Room. This will be a special night of music and perhaps even some stories behind the new music he has released. It’s going to be a great time for sure and thanks to the marketing powers that be at The City Winery, some of the PiercingMetal readership will be attending this event at The Cutting Room for absolutely free. Let’s go over some of the details on how you participate in this giveaway.
When and Where: Wednesday, October 23rd (7PM) at The Cutting Room; 44 East 32nd Street (NYC)
To Participate: I always seem to ask for three things so let’s keep that process in place. Interested parties need to submit “3” things about William’s musical contributions that you have found most impressive and how they inspired you and find you interested in the show. You can talk about any of the bands he has performed in, or a particular body of work or something about one of the killer live shows he has done. A bonus inquiry is why you need to be at this event since its rather intimate. Convince me with the whole lot of them since these take time to compose and I make you do the same in return. Before you submit your entry, please be aware of some guidelines.
– Please enter only once. All comments are moderated and will not appear immediately after submission so be patient and don’t enter numerous times. You should see “your comment is awaiting moderation” once you submit it.
– Number them for ease of knowing if you followed the instructions or not.
– The entry should be a good read, so a sentence or two of facts that make up your required three items. Saying “because he rules dude” will not impress me and not help your cause.
– Please enter your full real name in the comment form along with an email address that you can be reached at if you win. This is necessary for listing purposes. Please do NOT put this information in the comment itself out of privacy concerns.
– Please only enter if you can and will attend the show should you win and it’s logistically possible to do so. If you live a couple of hundred miles away we don’t think you’re coming here for a show in NYC so you should not enter this giveaway.
– Subscribe to the comments and check back to see them so you know if you won or not.
– Make sure you are entering a NEW comment and not replying to another contestant’s entry as that makes notifying you difficult.
– Compose your entry on a text editor and then paste it into the comment form so you don’t lose any work. We’ve learned that sometimes a mobile feed is tricky so be sure to have a strong signal or use a laptop.
Bring it on as this one will close by Tuesday morning before the show and the list submitted to the venue at that time. Obviously the best entries will win over some others so make it count.
Restrictions: All PiercingMetal.com contests are open to our regional site visitors and Social Networking Followers (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) and we always look for submissions from those who might not have won in the past. Please note that this is for a Single Ticket Only and no plus ones are available. If you absolutely must have a guest, we suggest that you purchase a ticket for that person should you become a winner. “Guest” and “Anonymous” submissions will NOT be honored so make sure you’ve got your name somewhere on the entry. We ask that if you’ve won something very recently that you let others have a chance this time around.
If You Win This Contest: If you are marked as one of the winners for this contest, here is how to claim the ticket. On the night of the show go to the venue Box Office and ask for the PiercingMetal Contest List. Please bring proper identification (driver’s license, passport, NYC ID card) and you will be given your ticket to enter or your name crossed off the list. If you encounter any difficulty, please politely ask for an onsite manager and cite how this contest was done in coordination with City Winery marketing and PiercingMetal.com. You can also expect an email to the provided address reminding you of the win so make sure that @piercingmetal.com is listed as a safe domain to receive notes from.