The Details: I’ve been a fan of The Sweet for as long as I can remember and yet despite this few decades of appreciation have never seen the band in concert. Unless I’ve misplaced an album, there are about a dozen in my music library and while this is the US version of the group (yes there are TWO “The Sweets” in 2018), this one features original bassist Steve Priest and our old friend from ZO2 Mr. Paulie Z. and a cadre of kickass musicians. Even more exciting is the fact that Tragedy, the all Heavy Metal tribute to The Bee Gees will be opening up – so what am I getting at here? Well, thanks to the mighty minds in the Marketing division, we are putting some of the PiercingMetal readers into this show for free. Check it out down below.
When and Where: Thursday, April 26th @ Gramercy Theatre (127 East 23rd Street, NYC)
To Participate: I usually ask for three things about the band or solo artist that is playing but I have a feeling that with The Sweet being a legendary act that has retained a cult level of status that many might not be 100% up on them. That said, I am asking that you hit YouTube, Spotify and Wikipedia to familiarize yourself just a little bit and then tell me three reasons why this show is of interest to you. I’ll be picking out the submissions that speak to me the most and will be letting them know directly. Before we continue here are some of the usual guidelines to keep the process straightforward. This contest will run until supplies run out or on the morning of the show. Whichever comes first.
– Enter only enter once. All comments are moderated and will not appear immediately after your submission until staff can review them.
– Number them for ease of knowing if you followed the instructions or not if I’ve asked for a list of items.
– Please enter your full real name in the comment form along with a valid email address that you can be reached at if you win. Please do NOT put this information in the comment itself out of privacy concerns.
– Only enter if you CAN and WILL be able to attend the concert and it’s logistically possible for you to do so. Essentially if you live a couple of hundred miles away we don’t think you’re coming here for a show in NYC.
– Subscribe to the comments on the contest post and check back to see the responses so you know if you won or not. I am very quick to choose winners once a few have come in.
– Make sure you are entering a NEW comment and not replying to another contestant’s entry as that makes notifying you much more difficult should you be marked as a winner.
Restrictions: While there are no real restrictions on this one, we do need to stress that it’s for a SINGLE TICKET ONLY and that no guest or anonymous submissions will be honored. Winners can always treat their friends to a ticket if they need to have a second one in order to come. Of course, we would love it if you give a shout out to your friends about our social networks of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and encourage we be followed.
If You Win This Contest: If you are marked as one of the winners for this contest, here is how to claim the ticket. Go to the venue box office and say you are on the LiveNation List as a contest winner. Please have proper ID to prove its you. I always suggest arriving early in case there are any issues and to avoid missing any of the show. Should you encounter a problem, please politely ask for an onsite manage and cite how this ticket giveaway was done in coordination with promoter publicity and the PiercingMetal website. Once you’re cleared your name is crossed off the list and you go inside with your ticket. Pretty simple.