Are you ready to get scared my readers? Well I hope that you said yes because I just received a brand new contest and this one is for an exclusive one-night only screening of Rob Zombie’s latest film “31”. The film will open up in select cinemas in a few weeks for a limited run but some lucky PiercingMetal readers are going to get to see this way before that time. Check out the details for this brand new Fathom Events happening because its totally awesome.
Fathom Events and Saban Films are thrilled to bring the premiere of Rob Zombie’s 31, to select cinemas nationwide on Thursday, September 1 for a twisted one-night event.
From the visionary mind of Rob Zombie (House of 1000 Corpses, The Devil’s Rejects and Halloween) comes the horrific story of five carnival workers who are kidnapped the night before Halloween and held hostage in a large compound. At the mercy of their captors, they are forced to play a twisted game of life or death called 31. For the next 12 hours they must fight for their lives against an endless parade of homicidal maniacs in “the deadliest game since Saw.” (Steve Barton, Dread Central)
Written and directed by Zombie and starring Sheri Moon Zombie (The Devil’s Rejects, Halloween), Golden Globe nominee Malcolm McDowell (Mozart in the Jungle, A Clockwork Orange), Jeff Daniel Phillips (The Lords of Salem) and Meg Foster (They Live) this newest feature further cements Zombie’s creative accomplishments in the cinema world.
When and Where: Thursday, September 1st @ AMC Empire 25 (234 West 42nd Street, NYC)
To Participate: As I’m really not the biggest study of the Horror genre (which surprises me since I was so into it all when I was younger and far weirder than I am today). Here’s what you can do for me with this one. Name me your three very favorite Horror movies from across any time period. Tell me why each one does it for you and if you want some extra credit you can let me know what you have thought about Rob Zombies past Horror films as the fourth submission. Hopefully my contest interested readers post more than the stuff I have already seen like Halloween, Friday the 13th, and Exorcist. Before you bring it on there are some guidelines below.
– Enter only enter once. All comments are moderated and will not appear immediately after your submission until staff can review them.
– Number them for ease of knowing if you followed the instructions or not if I’ve asked for a list of items.
– Please enter your full real name in the comment form along with an email address that you can be reached at if you win. This is necessary to process your ticket and I cannot stress it enough. Please do NOT put this information in the comment itself out of privacy concerns.
– This is a special advance screening and that means only a few tickets so please only enter if you can and will attend the screening should you win and it’s logistically possible for you to do so. Essentially if you live a couple of hundred miles away we don’t think you’re coming here for a show in NYC.
– Subscribe to the comments on the contest post and check back to see the responses so you know if you won or not. I am very quick to choose once a few have come in.
– Make sure you are entering a NEW comment and not replying to another contestant’s entry as that makes notifying you all the more difficult should you be marked as a winner.
Bring it on as this one will close by end of business the on 8/30/2016 or when my allotment has been depleted. Whichever comes first.
Restrictions: All of the PiercingMetal contests are open to our loyal readers, Facebook Page likers and Twitter Followers but that being said we are still looking for the new names first. Don’t let that stop you from entering of course but we do keep track based on the overall demand for this stuff at this point. We want EVERYONE to have a chance to enjoy a show on the provider and PiercingMetal but if you just won a contest recently you will likely not have a chance for this one. Please note that Anonymous or Guest comments will not be approved.
If You Win This Contest: If you are marked as one of the winners for this contest, here is how to claim the ticket. Since this is a different process from a normal venue guest list, we cannot stress enough that you enter the contest with a valid email address because we need this to register the free ticket for you to download. After we confirm your email is valid, an entry into a system will be made on your behalf and a free ticket link gets sent to that email address. You will need to follow the link and print your ticket and bring it to the theater on the night of the show. There is also a digital means to do this via an app so do whatever works best for you. I also suggest you arrive at least 30 minutes before show time to get a great seat and perhaps even some popcorn, a soda and maybe even nachos.
Psst……And if you are not one of the lucky winners or if you do win and don’t want to watch this suspense filled flick on your own, go to http://bit.ly/2boudre for theater locations and tickets!