The Details: According to my records, it’s been five years since the last time that I held a contest for a Nile show and when you consider how often they come around that is far too long for my liking. I once noted that the band Nile had been on a destructive Metal path since their inception in 1993 and over the last few years their impact and influence has visibly grown more than tenfold. The bands own Metal maturity continues to broaden with each consecutive release and they will be delivering plenty of classics along with their newest material from the “Vile Nilotic Rites” album which comes out only days before the gig. The tour is “A Vile Caustic Attack” and brings along the band Terrorizer and more and thanks to the fine folks at Live Nation, some of the PiercingMetal readership will be attending this concert for free at the Gramercy Theatre.
When and Where: Monday, November 4th at Gramercy Theatre (NYC)
To Participate: In the interest of time, I am going to cannibalize one of my previous contests for the band so let’s begin. The Metal Legions are fully aware about how the band has these super lengthy and involved titles to their songs. In the past I’ve asked readers to make up their own song titles using this premise and it’s been a lot of fun reading them since there is no wrong answer. For instance I’ve come up with “The Suffering Of The Angels Under The Cloven Hoof Of The POTUS” which is about —– ? and “Craving The Doom Of The Infidels Under The Darkened Skies” and I don’t know what its about since I am just letting the words flow. I want you readers to come up with “2” songs along these lines, the name of the album that you will be putting these songs on AND lastly name a guest Metal great (still living) who will contribute their own bands cover which you will “Nile-ize”. That means if Bon-Jovi was the guest and added “Living On A Prayer”, a Nileized version might be called “Living On The Prayers Of The Unworthy To A Decaying Deity”. Now since I have Google and will be confirming the submissions are legit, be sure that the creative flow is your own and not one of the way older contest entries. I will be replying to the winners under their comment directly to let them know that they won. Before you begin, please refer to these guidelines for a seamless process.
– Please enter only once. All comments are moderated and will not appear immediately after submission so be patient and don’t enter numerous times. You should see “your comment is awaiting moderation” once you submit it.
– Number them for ease of knowing if you followed the instructions or not.
– The entry should be a good read, so a sentence or two of facts that make up your required three items. Saying “because he rules dude” will not impress me and not help your cause.
– Please enter your full real name in the comment form along with an email address that you can be reached at if you win. This is necessary for listing purposes. Please do NOT put this information in the comment itself out of privacy concerns.
– Only enter if you can and will attend the show should you win and it’s logistically possible to do so. If you live a couple of hundred miles away we don’t think you’re coming here for a show in NYC so you should not enter this giveaway.
– Subscribe to the comments and check back to see them so you know if you won or not.
– Make sure you are entering a NEW comment and not replying to another contestant’s entry as that makes notifying you difficult.
– Compose your entry on a text editor and then paste it into the comment form so you don’t lose any work. We’ve learned that sometimes a mobile feed is tricky so be sure to have a strong signal or use a laptop.
This contest will close on Sunday at the end of the day since the list needs to go in by Monday morning.
Restrictions: All PiercingMetal.com contests are open to our regional site readers and Social Network Followers. Be sure that you are following the outlet on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter if you are not already because this support allows giveaways such as this one to continue. While we encourage all to enter we like to look for new winners so people who have not participated in a gig on us yet get to enjoy one.
If You Win This Contest: If you are marked as one of the winners for this contest, here is how to claim the ticket. On the night of the show go to the venue Box Office and ask for the PiercingMetal Contest List. Please bring proper identification (driver’s license, passport, NYC ID card) and you will be given your ticket to enter or your name crossed off the list. If you encounter any difficulty, please politely ask for an onsite manager and cite how this contest was done in coordination with Live Nation Marketing and PiercingMetal.com. You can also expect an email to the provided address reminding you of the win so make sure that @piercingmetal.com is listed as a safe domain to receive notes from.
Official Website: https://www.facebook.com/nilecatacombs/