The Details: “Murder In The Front Row” is a compelling documentary about the early days of the Bay Area Thrash Metal scene and I’ve discussed the film in my OFFICIAL TRAILER post along with news about a special NEW YORK COMIC CON PANEL already. Here is more of an official stand on the feature.
“Murder In The Front Row: The San Francisco Bay Area Thrash Metal Story. In the early 1980’s, a small group of dedicated Bay Area headbangers shunned the hard rock of MTV and Hollywood hairspray bands in favor of a more dangerous brand of metal that became known as thrash. From the tape trading network to the clubs to the record stores and fanzines, director Adam Dubin reveals how the scene nurtured the music and the music spawned a movement. Murder In The Front Row is told through powerful first person testimony and stunning animation and photography. The film is a social study of a group of young people defying the odds and building something essential for themselves. Featuring interviews with Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, Exodus, Testament, Death Angel, Possessed and many more. Narrated by Brian Posehn.” (c/o IMDB)
Now, thanks to the Filmmakers and the powers that be at the amazing IFC Center, some of our lucky readers will be seeing this film for free. This is exciting for me as it is the very first movie ticket giveaway that I am doing in conjunction with this event space. Let’s go over some of the details on how you participate in this giveaway.
When and Where: Tuesday, October 1st (7PM) at IFC Center; 323 Sixth Avenue (NYC)
To Participate: I always seem to ask for three things so let’s keep that process in place. Interested parties need to submit “3” things about their three favorite Thrash Metal bands of the time that this film is set. So if you write Slayer, Metallica and Exodus, you need three quick thoughts about each of them. A solid sentence of course and numbered as requested. There is a special bonus question for you to name two “2” of the modern day scenes Thrash Metal providers and a quick notion on why you think more people should be listening to them and supporting their work. Let’s help the genre keep on growing as well as supporting the legends. Convince me with the whole lot of them since these contests take time to compose and I make you do the same. Before you submit your entry, please be aware of some guidelines.
– Please enter only once. All comments are moderated and will not appear immediately after submission so be patient and don’t enter numerous times. You should see “your comment is awaiting moderation” once you submit it.
– Number them for ease of knowing if you followed the instructions or not.
– The entry should be a good read, so a sentence or two of facts that make up your required three items. Saying “because they rule dude” will not impress me and not help your cause.
– Please enter your full real name in the comment form along with an email address that you can be reached at if you win. This is necessary for listing purposes. Please do NOT put this information in the comment itself out of privacy concerns.
– Only enter if you can and will attend the show should you win and it’s logistically possible to do so. If you live a couple of hundred miles away we don’t think you’re coming here for a show in NYC so you should not enter this giveaway.
– Subscribe to the comments and check back to see them so you know if you won or not.
– Make sure you are entering a NEW comment and not replying to another contestant’s entry as that makes notifying you difficult.
– Compose your entry on a text editor and then paste it into the comment form so you don’t lose any work. We’ve learned that sometimes a mobile feed is tricky so be sure to have a strong signal or use a laptop.
Bring it on as this one will close by Tuesday morning as I sip the first coffee before starting my day. The IFC Center wants the names before lunchtime and I must comply. If the provisions are depleted beforehand the contest will end that at that time to avoid disappointing too many people. Saturday evening and the list submitted to the venue early Sunday or when our allottment has been depleted. Obviously the best entries will win over some others.
Restrictions: All PiercingMetal.com contests are open to our regional site visitors and Social Networking Followers (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) and we always look for submissions from those who might not have won in the past. Please note that this is for a Single Ticket Only and no plus ones are available. If you absolutely must have a guest, we suggest that you purchase a ticket for that person should you become a winner. “Guest” and “Anonymous” submissions will NOT be honored so make sure you’ve got your name somewhere on the entry. For this contest we ask that if you have won our recent Kamelot and Alex Skolnick ticket giveaway that you allow others a chance to enjoy something on us.
If You Win This Contest: If you are marked as one of the winners for this contest, here is how to claim the ticket. On the night of the show go to the venue Box Office and ask for the PiercingMetal Contest List. Please bring proper identification (driver’s license, passport, NYC ID card) and you will be given your ticket to enter or your name crossed off the list. If you encounter any difficulty, please politely ask for an onsite manager and cite how this contest was done in coordination with venue and PiercingMetal.com. You can also expect an email to the provided address reminding you of the win so make sure that @piercingmetal.com is listed as a safe domain to receive notes from.