The Details: Alex Skolnick is a virtuoso guitar player whose name is well known in the Metal music scene for his wealth of work with the legendary Testament as well as thrilling music with Metal Allegiance and his own Alex Skolnick Trio. Now, Alex will be a part of the BackStory Events by Guitar World magazine where there will be chat, Q&A and some live music demonstrated. It’s going to be a great time for sure and thanks to the powers that be at The Cutting Room, some of the PiercingMetal readership will be attending this event for absolutely free. I’m excited since this will mark my first-ever ticket giveaway for The Cutting Room venue. Let’s go over some of the details on how you participate in this giveaway.
When and Where: Sunday, September 29th (7PM) at The Cutting Room; 44 East 32nd Street (NYC)
To Participate: I always seem to ask for three things so let’s keep that process in place. Interested parties need to submit “3” things about Alex’s musical contributions that you have found most impressive and how they inspired you. You can talk about any of the bands he has performed in, or a Guitar Showcase he might have publicly done or even some of the killer shows he has performed in. A bonus inquiry is why you need to be at this event. Convince me with the whole lot of them since these take time to compose and I make you do the same. Before you submit your entry, please be aware of some guidelines.
– Please enter only once. All comments are moderated and will not appear immediately after submission so be patient and don’t enter numerous times. You should see “your comment is awaiting moderation” once you submit it.
– Number them for ease of knowing if you followed the instructions or not.
– The entry should be a good read, so a sentence or two of facts that make up your required three items. Saying “because he rules dude” will not impress me and not help your cause.
– Please enter your full real name in the comment form along with an email address that you can be reached at if you win. This is necessary for listing purposes. Please do NOT put this information in the comment itself out of privacy concerns.
– Only enter if you can and will attend the show should you win and it’s logistically possible to do so. If you live a couple of hundred miles away we don’t think you’re coming here for a show in NYC so you should not enter this giveaway.
– Subscribe to the comments and check back to see them so you know if you won or not.
– Make sure you are entering a NEW comment and not replying to another contestant’s entry as that makes notifying you difficult.
– Compose your entry on a text editor and then paste it into the comment form so you don’t lose any work. We’ve learned that sometimes a mobile feed is tricky so be sure to have a strong signal or use a laptop.
Bring it on as this one will close by Saturday evening and the list submitted to the venue early Sunday or when our allottment has been depleted. Obviously the best entries will win over some others.
Restrictions: All PiercingMetal.com contests are open to our regional site visitors and Social Networking Followers (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) and we always look for submissions from those who might not have won in the past. Please note that this is for a Single Ticket Only and no plus ones are available. If you absolutely must have a guest, we suggest that you purchase a ticket for that person should you become a winner. “Guest” and “Anonymous” submissions will NOT be honored so make sure you’ve got your name somewhere on the entry.
If You Win This Contest: If you are marked as one of the winners for this contest, here is how to claim the ticket. On the night of the show go to the venue Box Office and ask for the PiercingMetal Contest List. Please bring proper identification (driver’s license, passport, NYC ID card) and you will be given your ticket to enter or your name crossed off the list. If you encounter any difficulty, please politely ask for an onsite manager and cite how this contest was done in coordination with venue and PiercingMetal.com. You can also expect an email to the provided address reminding you of the win so make sure that @piercingmetal.com is listed as a safe domain to receive notes from.