The Details: Y&T are one of the best Hard Rock bands in history if you ask me, and while I was more of a casual fan during their earlier years, I have come to enjoy a great amount of their repertoire and live shows ever since becoming a media scribe and photographer. I can honestly say that there has never been a show done by them that I didn’t feel pulled out all the stops and left the audience screaming for more. While the lineup has changed since the beginning the group is still commanded by the great Dave Meniketti who has those powerful pipes and plays that guitar like it’s nobody’s business. All of this makes me happy to announce that the band will once again be returning to the stage of the B.B. King Blues Club and thanks to venue some of the PiercingMetal readers are going to get to enjoy the show for free. Cool right? Read more below on how this works.
When and Where: Friday, March 4th at B.B. King Blues Club 7:30pm (237 West 42nd Street NYC)
To Participate: As you know, Y&T has about a dozen albums by now so I want to know what your top three albums in their catalog might be. I’ll ask you to tell me a few things about each of those that make them the top of your list. Now of course any show is bound to have some new people wanting to come in and if that means you then you have no such background. You’ll need to give me three proper reasons for selection. Make them solid to read more than just a plain old “because they rock man” because that is just too un-original and boring. If you’ve seen them do their thing together before then maybe let us know what we are all in store for here in NYC. I’ll be responding to the comments that I like most right below their answer. This is for a single ticket only and no plus one requests will be honored. Sorry.
– Enter only enter once. The comments are moderated and will not appear immediately after submission.
– Number them for ease of knowing if you followed the instructions or not if I’ve asked for a list.
– Please enter your full real name in the comment form along with an email address that you can be reached at if you win. This is necessary for listing purposes. Please do NOT put this information in the comment itself out of privacy concerns.
– Only enter if you can and will attend the show should you win and it’s logistically possible for you to do so. Essentially if you live a couple of hundred miles away we don’t think you’re coming here for a show in NYC.
– Subscribe to the comments and check back to see the responses so you know if you won or not.
– Make sure you are entering a NEW comment and not replying to another contestant’s entry as that makes notifying you difficult should you be marked as a winner.
Bring it on as this one will close by noon on day of show or when allotment has been depleted.
Restrictions: All of the PiercingMetal contests are open to our loyal readers, Facebook Page likers and Twitter Followers but that being said we are still looking for the new names first. Don’t let that stop you from entering of course but we do keep track based on the overall demand for this stuff at this point. We want EVERYONE to have a chance to enjoy a show on the provider and PiercingMetal but if you just won you will likely not have a chance for this one. Please note that Anonymous or Guest comments will not be approved.
If You Win This Contest: If you are marked as one of the winners for this contest, here is how to claim the ticket. On the night of the show go to the venue podium and ask for the House Guest List. Please bring proper identification (driver’s license, passport, NYC ID card) and your name will be checked off that list for you to enter. If you encounter any difficulty, please politely ask for an onsite manager and cite how this contest was done in coordination with venue Marketing and PiercingMetal.com. You can also expect an email to the provided address reminding you of the win so make sure that @piercingmetal.com is listed as a safe domain to receive notes from.