The Details: Anyone who attends the massive NY Comic Con event knows that it’s a mega-dose of awesome sights and scenes and colorful characters of many kinds. An all day wandering of such a happening finds the attendees needing to unwind a little bit and that makes this latest contest something awesome to showcase as CEG Presents their annual “Cosplay Cruise”. This year’s event will feature Guest Hosts like noted cosplayers Soni Aralynn, Kristen Lanae, Brit Bliss along with Ming Chen from Comic Book Men. There will be prizes and special events across the journey, a DJ and a cash bar and concessions for the 18+ attendee and thanks to the awesome promoters at CEG Presents, PiercingMetal is going to be sending a few lucky Cosplayers onto the high seas (well, out into the Hudson River to be more precise) to enjoy this event. Read more about the location and how to participate down below.
When and Where: Friday, October 6th 8pm @ Circle Line Cruises (West 42nd Street and 12th Avenue).
To Participate: This event contest is for the Cosplayers only and not the “Cosplay Curious” and with that being the case I’ve fashioned a few questions that you need to answer as your entry. They are pretty involved so you might want to jot them all down on a memo and then past it into the response on the contest to make sure you don’t lose connection – Here we go.
A: What is the best Cosplay that you have ever done and why?
B: How long did your finest work take you to complete?
C: Name three different Cosplays you have done over the years.
D: Tell me some Cosplays that you hope to do in the near future.
E: What Cosplay do you envision bringing to the Cosplay Cruise if you are one of our winners?
F: Show us a visual of yourself in one of your awesome outfits by embedding a link to an image (it can be to your public Facebook Page, Twitter or Instagram.
I know I make you work but I work here too so whining about the process will not win out at all LOL. We do this to keep it interesting for the site going forward. Kindly review some of our guidelines before entering your submission. We don’t have a lot of tickets for this one.
– Enter only enter once. The comments are moderated and will not appear immediately after submission.
– Number them for ease of knowing if you followed the instructions or not if I’ve asked for a list.
– Please enter your full real name in the comment form along with an email address that you can be reached at if you win. This is necessary for listing purposes. Please do NOT put this information in the comment itself out of privacy concerns.
– Only enter if you can and will attend the show should you win and it’s logistically possible for you to do so. Essentially if you live a couple of hundred miles away we don’t think you’re coming here for a show in NYC.
– Subscribe to the comments and check back to see the responses so you know if you won or not.
– Make sure you are entering a NEW comment and not replying to another contestant’s entry as that makes notifying you difficult should you be marked as a winner.
– This event is “18+” and you must have ID to prove it so if you are under that age please DO NOT ENTER the contest.
Please be aware that this is for a SINGLE TICKET ONLY and no plus ones or guest requests can or will be honored. No exceptions. Bring it on as this one will close by end of business on 10/5 to ensure the list is submitted without issue.
Restrictions: While all of the PiercingMetal contests are open to our loyal readers and Social Network followers but that said we are gearing this one to the Cosplayers in our mix and not the Cosplay Curious. I’m aiming this at those folks specifically since this is our very first giveaway of this kind. Please note that Anonymous or Guest comments will not be approved.
If You Win This Contest: If we’ve marked you as a winner of this contest here is how you claim your ticket to the CEG “Cosplay Cruise”. On the night of the event go to the Circle Line ticket booth and ask for the CEG Guest List. Please bring proper identification (driver’s license, passport, NYC ID card) and your ticket will be given to you. If you encounter any difficulty, please politely ask for an onsite manager and cite how this contest was done in coordination with the Promotor and PiercingMetal.com. Arrive early since this boat leaves at 9pm and will not be waiting on anyone. You can also expect an email to the provided address reminding you of the win so make sure that @piercingmetal.com is listed as a safe domain to receive notes from. Remember to invite your Friends to “Like” the PiercingMetal Facebook, Twitter and Instagram Social Networks so more reach can be accomplished.
Official Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cegcosplaycruise/