The Details: To many fans of Hard Rock and Heavy Metal music, Rik Emmett was one of the most important creative forces going based on his work with the legendary Triumph and thought that band seems to be one of the music history books at this time, Rik himself has been entertaining the masses with acoustic performances that bring new classics to life along with re-interpretations of material from his incredible back catalog. The chance to see such a player in a space like the Highline Ballroom is kind of awesome so that makes me happy to announce that thanks to their marketing team, how some lucky PiercingMetal fans are going to get to see this show for free. You know Rik is going to be playing some Triumph tunes that night so read more below on how to participate.
When and Where: Sunday, May 17th at Highline Ballroom (431 W 16th St, New York)
To Participate: Tell me three things that you like the most about Rik Emmett’s contributions to music and yes it is more than fair to cite some reflections about his work with Triumph along with him as a solo artist. I will be picking a few lucky winners out of the responders and letting them know right below their comment. Please follow these criteria.
– Enter only enter once. The comments are moderated and will not appear immediately after submission.
– Number them for ease of knowing if you followed the instructions.
– Please enter your full real name in the comment form along with an email address that you can be reached at if you win. This is necessary for listing purposes. Please do NOT put this information in the comment itself out of privacy concerns.
– Only enter if you can and will attend the show should you win and it’s logistically possible to do so. Essentially if you live a couple of hundred miles away we don’t think you’re coming here for a show.
– Subscribe to the comments and check back to see them so you know if you won or not.
– Make sure you are entering a NEW comment and not replying to another contestant’s entry.
Bring it on as this one will close by noon on Friday or when allotment has been depleted. Thanks so much.
Restrictions: While all PiercingMetal.com contests are open to our regional site readers, Facebook Page likers and Twitter Followers we do look at new responders first in order to give everyone a fair shot at enjoying a show on the provider and us. I do still encourage all to participate because you never know just how many tickets we are offering and when that last person might have won. Please note that Guest and Anonymous comments while approved are NOT eligible to win the contest.
If You Win This Contest: If you are marked as one of the winners for this contest, here is how to claim the ticket. On the night of the show go to the venue podium and ask for the House Guest List. Please bring proper identification (driver’s license, passport, NYC ID card) and your name will be checked off for you to enter. If you encounter any difficulty please politely ask for an onsite manager and cite how this contest was done in coordination with venue Marketing and PiercingMetal.com.
Rik Emmett: http://rikemmett.com/
Here are some of Rik’s solo efforts and of course a few recommendations from the Triumph catalog for good measure.