I’m just back from a visit to family down South but you would never notice unless I mentioned it since I kept the postings from the San Diego Comic Con coming at the readership like a machine gun fire. This morning I put it out there to the powers that be that I had interest in a giveaway for the Ne Obliviscaris show at Gramercy Theatre and the interest was mutual so read more about this sure to be a monster of a show.
The Details: I’ve only caught the band Ne Obliviscaris once in concert and they blew my Metal Mind which was why I was eager to bring a few fans into the mix for this one. I think it’s a great thing to see just how broad the spectrum is for our beloved genre. Their sound is both crushing and creative and seeing them headline will be pretty damned cool. Then there is the direct support band Black Crown Initiate to consider. Wow does this band slam you down onto the ground like a sumo wrestler. I’ve actually seen them the most out of all the bands on this bill and think you must be a part of it if you know what is good for you. Leading off the national supporting bands is Starkill who we also enjoy and a local group of positive note in Winter Nights. Read on below on how to participate since you know you want to.
When and Where: Friday, July 29th @ Gramercy Theatre (127 West 23rd Street, NYC)
To Participate: Since I realize that the time is of the essence for this one I will make it easy on you. Simply tell me three things that interest you about this show as a whole. Whether it be about Ne O themselves or the pairing of the groups for the run. The music, the difference, the whatever you can sell to me about your interest and why you should make the cut. You can put as many reasons as you like but I must request that there are at least three for me to read. I will be selecting the best comments and replying directly to their submission. Here are some guidelines to winning one of our tickets.
– Enter only enter once. The comments are moderated and will not appear immediately after submission.
– Number them for ease of knowing if you followed the instructions or not if I’ve asked for a list.
– Please enter your full real name in the comment form along with an email address that you can be reached at if you win. This is necessary for listing purposes. Please do NOT put this information in the comment itself out of privacy concerns.
– Only enter if you can and will attend the show should you win and it’s logistically possible for you to do so. Essentially if you live a couple of hundred miles away we don’t think you’re coming here for a show in NYC.
– Subscribe to the comments and check back to see the responses so you know if you won or not.
– Make sure you are entering a NEW comment and not replying to another contestant’s entry as that makes notifying you difficult should you be marked as a winner.
_ Single tickets only. No plus ones can be honored. If you win you can cover the price for a friend and make their Metal night.
This contest will close by end of 3pm on Friday 7/29 or when sufficient entries have been received. Go get ‘em.
Restrictions: PiercingMetal’s contests are open to our loyal readers, Facebook Page likers and Twitter Followers but that being said we are still looking for the new names first. Don’t let that stop you from entering of course but we do keep track based on the overall demand for this stuff at this point. We want EVERYONE to have a chance to enjoy a show on the provider and PiercingMetal but if you just won you will likely not have a chance for this one. Please note that Anonymous or Guest comments will not be approved.
If You Win This Contest: If you are marked as one of the winners for this contest, here is how to claim the ticket. On the night of the show go to the venue box office and politely ask for the House Guest List. There might be a “PiercingMetal Contest” reference as well. Please bring proper identification (driver’s license, passport, NYC ID card) and your name will be checked off that list for you to enter. If you encounter any difficulty, please politely ask for an onsite manager and cite how this contest was done in coordination with venue Marketing and PiercingMetal.com. You can also expect an email to the provided address reminding you of the win so make sure that @piercingmetal.com is listed as a safe domain to receive notes from.