The Details: Talk about a co-headlining tour. Luca Turilli’s Rhapsody and Primal Fear united together for the sake of Metalkind and bringing their melodic awesomeness to numerous parts of these United States. Now I have enjoyed the powerhouse known as Primal Fear for quite some time and caught them on a couple of their US Tours over the years but I have yet to see this version of Rhapsody in action. Some fans might not know this but Rhapsody (then Rhapsody Of Fire) split its members and each began live and recording activity. This one finds founding guitarist Luca Turilli at the helm and to my knowledge this will be their first ever full USA tour. The anticipation and excitement about a tour like this one is usually well enough but I am going to up the ante by announce that the bands will be hitting the Stage 48 club in NYC and thanks to the promoters, some of the PiercingMetal readers are going to get to enjoy the show for free. Local support will lead off this show that night if you should feel like arriving early to check it all out. Read more below on how this works.
When and Where: Thursday, April 28th at Stage 48 – 7:30pm (630 West 48th Street NYC)
To Participate: With two bands to choose from I am going to make this easy on you. I usually like to ask you for three things that impress you about a certain band and their music. It’s more than fine to make the opinion one sided but do give me the things that you love most about either band or a particular album or show you have seen in the past. Just sell me on it all. The newbies don’t have the same luxuries but that doesn’t preclude them from needing some reasons as well. Convince me to add you to this show with cool notations as well. Make them solid to read more than just a plain old “because they rock man” because that is just too un-original and boring. I’ll be responding to the comments that I like most right below their answer. Remember that this is for a single ticket only and no plus one requests will be honored. Sorry.
– Enter only enter once. The comments are moderated and will not appear immediately after submission.
– Number them for ease of knowing if you followed the instructions or not if I’ve asked for a list.
– Please enter your full real name in the comment form along with an email address that you can be reached at if you win. This is necessary for listing purposes. Please do NOT put this information in the comment itself out of privacy concerns.
– Only enter if you can and will attend the show should you win and it’s logistically possible for you to do so. Essentially if you live a couple of hundred miles away we don’t think you’re coming here for a show in NYC.
– Subscribe to the comments and check back to see the responses so you know if you won or not.
– Make sure you are entering a NEW comment and not replying to another contestant’s entry as that makes notifying you difficult should you be marked as a winner.
This contest will close by end of business on 4/27 or when sufficient entries have been received. Go get ‘em.
Restrictions: PiercingMetal’s contests are open to our loyal readers, Facebook Page likers and Twitter Followers but that being said we are still looking for the new names first. Don’t let that stop you from entering of course but we do keep track based on the overall demand for this stuff at this point. We want EVERYONE to have a chance to enjoy a show on the provider and PiercingMetal but if you just won you will likely not have a chance for this one. Please note that Anonymous or Guest comments will not be approved.
If You Win This Contest: If you are marked as one of the winners for this contest, here is how to claim the ticket. On the night of the show go to the venue box office and politely ask for the House Guest List. There might be a “PiercingMetal Contest” reference as well. Please bring proper identification (driver’s license, passport, NYC ID card) and your name will be checked off that list for you to enter. If you encounter any difficulty, please politely ask for an onsite manager and cite how this contest was done in coordination with venue Marketing and PiercingMetal.com. You can also expect an email to the provided address reminding you of the win so make sure that @piercingmetal.com is listed as a safe domain to receive notes from.