Yesterday afternoon we learned the nominees for the 2018 Grammy Awards and since that list is super long and doesn’t lean much on the music that we are discussing, I’ve added only “The Rock Categories” for you readers to peruse. Let’s take a look shall we.
Best Rock Performance: For new vocal or instrumental solo, duo/group or collaborative rock recordings.
• You Want It Darker by Leonard Cohen
• The Promise by Chris Cornell
• Run by Foo Fighters
• No Good by Kaleo
• Go To War by Nothing More
Best Metal Performance For new vocal or instrumental solo, duo/group or collaborative metal recordings.
• Invisible Enemy by August Burns Red
• Black Hoodie by Body Count
• Forever by Code Orange
• Sultan’s Curse by Mastodon
• Clockworks by Meshuggah
Best Rock Song: A Songwriter(s) Award. Includes Rock, Hard Rock and Metal songs. A song is eligible if it was first released or if it first achieved prominence during the Eligibility Year. (Artist names appear in parentheses.) Singles or Tracks only.
• Atlas, Rise! By James Hetfield & Lars Ulrich, songwriters (Metallica)
• Blood In The Cut by JT Daly & Kristine Flaherty, songwriters (K.Flay)
• Go To War by Ben Anderson, Jonny Hawkins, Will Hoffman, Daniel Oliver, David Pramik & Mark Vollelunga, songwriters (Nothing More)
• Run by Foo Fighters, songwriters (Foo Fighters)
• The Stage by Zachary Baker, Brian Haner, Matthew Sanders, Jonathan Seward & Brooks Wackerman, songwriters (Avenged Sevenfold)
Best Rock Album: For albums containing at least 51% playing time of new rock, hard rock or metal recordings.
• Emperor Of Sand by Mastodon
• Hardwired…To Self-Destruct by Metallica
• The Stories We Tell Ourselves by Nothing More
• Villains by Queens Of The Stone Age
• A Deeper Understanding by The War On Drugs
Best Alternative Music Album: Vocal or Instrumental.
• Everything Now by Arcade Fire
• Humanz by Gorillaz
• American Dream by LCD Soundsystem
• Pure Comedy by Father John Misty
• Sleep Well Beast by The National
PiercingMetal Thoughts: I’ll be adding the predictions that I have over the course of the day. You readers can make this an exciting participation by lining out who you wish to win the Grammy Award for the categories that have been featured. Bring it on.
Official Website: http://www.thegrammy.com