The Winery Dogs are back in the New York Groove and you don’t want to miss them.
The Scoop: The Winery Dogs have announced their “Who Let The Dogs Out” 2019 US Tour and if you don’t know who this band is yet then let me tell you a little something about this incendiary lineup. It’s a super-combinant of top drawer musicians that you might have heard about over the years. I’m talking about the one and only Billy Sheehan, bass guitarist of Mr. Big, Talas and a wide range of solo work. Mighty Mike Portnoy who is the skin basher supreme and currently working with Neal Morse and Metal Allegiance but he also worked extensively with Dream Theater and Adrenaline Mob. The trio is completed by Richie Kotzen who not only came to a lot of peoples attention from the band Poison but was also a member of Mr. Big when Paul Gilbert had left the lineup. Richie’s solo efforts are prolific but now its time to let the dogs back out into the yard and bring the people their combined musical talents once more. Here are the dates.
The Tour Dates:
May 1st – Derry, NH – Tupelo Music Hall
May 2nd – Jim Thorpe, PA – Penn’s Peak
May 3rd – New York, NY – Sony Hall
May 5th – Ridgefield, CT – Ridgefield Playhouse
May 7th – Hopewell, VA – Beacon Theater
May 8th – Nashville, TN – Basement East
May 9th – New Orleans, LA – House Of Blues
May 11th – Dallas, TX – Gas Monkey
May 12th – Houston, TX – Warehouse Live
May 15th – Ft Wayne, IN – Pierre’s
May 16th – Milwaukee, WI – Potowatami Casino
May 17th – Milwaukee, WI – Potowatami Casino
May 18th – St Charles, IL – Arcada Theater
May 20th – Minneapolis, MN – First Avenue
May 23rd – Denver, CO – Oriental Theater
May 24th – Grand Junction, CO – Mesa Theater
May 25th – Las Vegas, NV – Vamp’d
May 28th – Sacramento, CA – Crest Theater
May 29th – Santa Cruz, CA – Rio Theater
May 30th – Anaheim, CA – The Grove
May 31st – Los Angeles, CA – The Saban Theater
*** end of transmission ***
PiercingMetal Thoughts: Historically speaking I’ve seen not only the Winery Dogs on numerous occasions but also the individuals in most of the acts that I outlined above and can say that if one of these shows will be your first time catching the Winery Dogs then you are in for a treat. What do you readers think about this tour? Will you be in attendance at any of the shows? Chime in down below in the comments section. See you next time.
Official Website: http://www.thewinerydogs.com
The incendiary Hard Rock trio will shake the ground of Times Square above them with this show at the Playstation Theater. All tickets purchased under the Best Buy Theater naming will be honored at this performance.
At this point in time do I really need to say that I see a lot of concerts during the course of the year? I hope not because this one of the key factors that makes up my daily life as founder of the PiercingMetal brand. That said ?I wanted to once again use the Official Blog for the site to highlight a number of the shows that I attended during 2013 that I felt were the absolute best experiences. They’re not really in order of impact or importance but there are a few at the top that did hit me the hardest. Here we go.
1. Metallica @ The Apollo Theater: Thrashing like a maniac in Harlem? Yeah that happened. Classic set and free beer for the whole show. No complaints here.
2. Kamelot @ Stage 48: Returning to the headlining stage with Delain as support and Eklipse. This was a righteous show for sure. My belief in this band was reinforced yet again. I was not surprised in this.
3. Eddie Trunk 30th Anniversary Bash: Another one that I was super fortunate to participate in because an all-star jam with members of KISS, Overkill, Twisted Sister, Accept, Anthrax, Stryper, Guns n Roses and so many more is just impossible to qualify as being “an okay time”. This was insanity.
4. Trans-Siberian Orchestra @ Prudential Center: The final go round for the “Lost Christmas Eve” tour premise. Always a bombastic spectacle that needs seeing for believing.
5. Rock Allegiance Tour w/Volbeat & HIM @ Williamsburg Park: Two excellent main acts and solid support from All That Remains. Whew. Exciting for Brooklyn and you know how we roll in this borough.
Continue reading PiercingMetal’s “Best Of” 2013: The Concerts