The insidious forces behind the Beyond The Gates festival have firmed up the full lineup for this years event that will take place in a faraway land from where we are stationed. Brave a look, if you dare…..
The Press Release:
So this is it – the full line-up for Beyond the Gates 2019 in all its glory. And what a festival it’s going to be. The final piece of the puzzle is something of a treat. Abbath has just announced the follow up to his 2015 debut, entitled “Outstrider”. The album is due on July the 5th and the Beyond the Gates audience will be treated to a spectacular and exclusive homecoming show on the final day of the festival.
We are also pleased to announce the addition of German/Turkish black metal outfit Imha Tarikat. If you haven’t checked out their debut album “Kara Ihlas” yet, please do. Haunting and atmospheric black metal doesn’t get any better than this. Imha Tarikat will join Ritual Death and Watain for the very special Wednesday show taking place at Hulen. Continue reading Beyond The Gates Festival Announces Full 2019 Lineup→
The NYC Metal scene is going to get a little bit blacker in the heat of June as the malevolence that is known as Watain sets their sights on Brooklyn for a single show that marks their only US appearance for 2014. You can check out the official press copy after the foreboding poster that broadcasts the event
At this point in time do I really need to say that I see a lot of concerts during the course of the year? I hope not because this one of the key factors that makes up my daily life as founder of the PiercingMetal brand. That said ?I wanted to once again use the Official Blog for the site to highlight a number of the shows that I attended during 2013 that I felt were the absolute best experiences. They’re not really in order of impact or importance but there are a few at the top that did hit me the hardest. Here we go.
1. Metallica @ The Apollo Theater: Thrashing like a maniac in Harlem? Yeah that happened. Classic set and free beer for the whole show. No complaints here.
2. Kamelot @ Stage 48: Returning to the headlining stage with Delain as support and Eklipse. This was a righteous show for sure. My belief in this band was reinforced yet again. I was not surprised in this.
3. Eddie Trunk 30th Anniversary Bash: Another one that I was super fortunate to participate in because an all-star jam with members of KISS, Overkill, Twisted Sister, Accept, Anthrax, Stryper, Guns n Roses and so many more is just impossible to qualify as being “an okay time”. This was insanity.
4. Trans-Siberian Orchestra @ Prudential Center: The final go round for the “Lost Christmas Eve” tour premise. Always a bombastic spectacle that needs seeing for believing.
5. Rock Allegiance Tour w/Volbeat & HIM @ Williamsburg Park: Two excellent main acts and solid support from All That Remains. Whew. Exciting for Brooklyn and you know how we roll in this borough.
6. Black Veil Brides @ Best Buy Theater: The Church Of The Wild Ones destroyed NYC with this appearance. The BVB clearly delivers in the live sense and they love their fans.
7. Testament @ Best Buy Theater: Testament on the rightful headlining stage with support from the mighty Overkill. Yeah you were going to be in pain after this one. I know my head was ringing for days.
8. Robin Zander @ B.B. King Blues Club: The legendary front man doing a solo gig of covers and songs he likes with legendary area musicians. This was surprise after surprise and a show I was glad to have been a part of. Randy Jackson opened and left you wanting more when he left. Continue reading PiercingMetal’s “Best Of” 2013: The Concerts→