Rick Springfield will be bringing a rocking set to the Boardwalk with help from Night Ranger and The Romantics. This show even has a lot of free tickets to be doled out so click their Facebook
Rick Springfield will close out a rocking summer at the PNC Bank Arts Center with a little help from The Romantics and Loverboy. This will be a night of classic eighties hits.
At this point in time do I really need to say that I see a lot of concerts during the course of the year? I hope not because this one of the key factors that makes up my daily life as founder of the PiercingMetal brand. That said ?I wanted to once again use the Official Blog for the site to highlight a number of the shows that I attended during 2013 that I felt were the absolute best experiences. They’re not really in order of impact or importance but there are a few at the top that did hit me the hardest. Here we go.
1. Metallica @ The Apollo Theater: Thrashing like a maniac in Harlem? Yeah that happened. Classic set and free beer for the whole show. No complaints here.
2. Kamelot @ Stage 48: Returning to the headlining stage with Delain as support and Eklipse. This was a righteous show for sure. My belief in this band was reinforced yet again. I was not surprised in this.
3. Eddie Trunk 30th Anniversary Bash: Another one that I was super fortunate to participate in because an all-star jam with members of KISS, Overkill, Twisted Sister, Accept, Anthrax, Stryper, Guns n Roses and so many more is just impossible to qualify as being “an okay time”. This was insanity.
4. Trans-Siberian Orchestra @ Prudential Center: The final go round for the “Lost Christmas Eve” tour premise. Always a bombastic spectacle that needs seeing for believing.
5. Rock Allegiance Tour w/Volbeat & HIM @ Williamsburg Park: Two excellent main acts and solid support from All That Remains. Whew. Exciting for Brooklyn and you know how we roll in this borough.
Continue reading PiercingMetal’s “Best Of” 2013: The Concerts
In keeping pace with lending a little more attention to the sets performed by the heavy hitter players when they oblige us with a visit on the wonderful Gretsch Day at Street Sounds; I’m continuing with the practice that I started with for Fountains Of Wayne last year and delivering you an exclusive item on The Romantics. You can click the logo below for a little more insight to the performance but then come back here for some video and side stuff.
The band had some cool laminates for their staff and of course themselves. I snagged an image but was not able to get a souvenir for myself. Oh well.
Here’s Fred Gretsch introducing the band just before they took to the stage. It was exciting for sure. Can you feel it as well from the comfort of your home?
I snagged this great group shot of the guys after their set when they were just decompressing and chatting with fans. From left to right we have Mike Skill, Wally Parmar, Rich Cole and Brad Elvis.
All of the artists had photos with them for the fans to take home as a keepsake. Here is a visual of the one that The Romantics had. Nice and sleek for sure.
Of course it looks a whole lot better like this don’t you think? I’ll assume you replied “yes”.
The band also had signature guitar picks and if you have ever heard me speak about the trinkets one can get at shows, these are the kinds of things I like most. Many of the lucky fans got their hands on these this afternoon and I was fortunate to also add a set to my collection after talking with them at some length. I shot the front and back for you to properly enjoy them.
I was right up front and center and able to catch the two absolute classics that have long been cherished musical memories for me and so many others. I am referring to “Talking In Your Sleep” and “What I Like About You” of course. I am sure more than a few of you know these tunes. Enjoy.
Official Website: http://www.romanticsdetroit.com/
Hey I know this is not a Metal event per se, but I am always happy to be able to support a local business and a friend and that makes me happy to announce that “Gretsch Day 2013” is here!!!!