Pop Evil brings their “Music Over Words” tour to NYC and find support from Palaye Royale and Black Map.
As the winter draws to its hopeful end for spring, the summer tours are starting to flood the mailbox here at the Metal Media Command HQ and this next one is going to be some great news for a lot of people as Poison returns to the headlining stage. Check out the full press release and dates below. I’ll return at the close with some editorial notions.
The Press Release:
Music fans wanting a little variety with their summer tour package will get that very thing with the “Poison…Nothin’ But A Good Time 2018” tour. Iconic rock band POISON, with all original members, will be joined by CHEAP TRICK and POP EVIL on its trek across the U.S. this summer. The tour is set to launch May 18 in Irvine, CA at Five Points Amphitheatre.
Produced by Live Nation, tickets for various cities will go on sale starting Friday, February 9 and Saturday, February 10. Each band will be offering their own exclusive VIP packages and meet & greet opportunities beginning February 6 at 12pm local time. POISON will be offering direct-to-fan access to the best seats in the house via their own exclusive pre-sales at PoisonOfficial.com
Continue reading Poison Announces “Nothin’ But A Good Time” Summer Tour
Here’s another tour to pencil in to your daily planner, I mean log in to your mobile device of choice. Yep, the dudes in Pop Evil are bringing you “Music Over Words” in 2018 with Palaye Royale and Black Map. Dig into the full on press release and dates after the poster. I’ll close out with the usual editorial musings.
The Press Release:
POP EVIL have announced Music Over Words Tour today that will serve as the official kickoff for their recently announced all-new self-titled LP. “It’s with great excitement to announce our US headline tour,” says vocalist Leigh Kakaty. “We can’t wait to play our new material and see all our amazing fans across the states. It’s all about the music, it’s Music Over Words.”
The massive US tour kicks off on February 14th in Sault Ste. Marie, MI at the Kewadin Casino. The band will hit both sides of the U.S. coast before wrapping things up at The Fillmore in Detroit on April 6th. More dates will be announced in a few weeks, so fans are encouraged to stay tuned. Band VIP goes on sale Tuesday at www.popevilvip.com. PALAYE ROYALE and label-mates BLACK MAP will serve as support on all dates.
Continue reading Pop Evil Announce 2018 “Music Over Words” Tour Dates
The first ever Food Truck and Rock Carnival is here and its going to be loaded for all you Foodies and Fans of Hard Rock and Heavy Metal. The three day experience continues today with its second day. The live music for today comes care of SLASH feat Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators; Three Days Grace; Black Label Society; Pop Evil, Puddle of Mudd; Sevendust; Skid Row; Otherwise; Faster Pussycat; Stephen Pearcy of Ratt; Kings X; Gilby Clarke; Edgar Cayce; Kix and a Q&A with Eddie Trunk.
TRIBUTE STAGE: RATM2 (Rage Against The Machine); Schism (Tool)
*** Please note that the Food Truck and Carnival area are free to enter but edibles and rides will cost a few bucks. The concert area is where the pricing structure has levels.
Looking back on 2012 as a concert going year I had to say that there were a lot of cool highlights for me. Sure I was compiling my “Year End Best Of” to cover all the different things that I’ve examined over the year but with the blog growing faster and faster and more contests happening on it for the crushing shows that hit our town, I decided to keep showcasing a number of the concerts that I saw during the course of the year. Bear in mind that these are my very favorite ones out of the whole bunch. I really had a great time seeing a number of shows but these stood out. Here we go.
1. KISS @ Live On Letterman: I don’t think that I need to go into how cool it is to see a band like KISS in the Ed Sullivan Theatre. The place holds 500 or so people and KISS sells out places that hold thousands more. See why I felt this was special. So yeah.
2. Nightwish and Kamelot @ Beacon Theatre: Nightwish and Kamelot both hold very special places to me as a music scribe and having them paired up for a tour was extraordinary.
3. Trans-Siberian Orchestra @ Prudential Center: This show was the debut of the new “Lost Christmas Eve” themed tour.
4. Roger Waters @ Yankee Stadium: My second time at Yankee Stadium for a massive concert and with Roger playing “The Wall” from front to back I stood awestruck.
5. KISS & Motley Crue @ PNC Bank Arts Center: This was a kickass pairing and the guys in The Treatment were pretty damned good as well.
6. Lamb Of God @ Roseland Ballroom: Metal laid waste to NYC this night.
7. Paganfest @ Gramercy Theatre: Turisas headlined this one and brought along Alestorm, Arkona and Huntress.
8. Sabaton @ Gramercy Theatre: This band is climbing the pole of popularity. Local support
9. Rhapsody Of Fire @ Gramercy Theatre: There was so much drama with the RoF division leading up to this show but you would never notice with the levels of kick ass Power Metal that was happening on the stage.
10. Marillion @ Irving Plaza: Leaders of the Neo-Progressive Rock movement. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen them and they even did “Kayleigh”.
Continue reading PiercingMetal’s “Best Of” 2012: The Concerts