Our readers know full well just how much we enjoy the comic collecting medium and especially programs like Marvel Comics “True Believers” line. Below you can enjoy the press release and visuals about their latest set that will hit the racks in May. Take a look.
The Press Release:
This May, Marvel celebrates some of the most influential comic creators in Marvel history with a line of MARVEL’S GREATEST CREATORS TRUE BELIEVERS comics, available only at your local comic book shops. Reproducing some of Marvel’s most iconic stories by industry greats such as Louise Simonson, Peter David, Steve Englehart, Roy Thomas, Don McGregor, and Mike Zeck at the suggested retail price of $1, TRUE BELIEVERS are perfect for readers new and old. Whether it’s your first time reading these memorable tales or your hundredth – you won’t want to miss this special celebration. Look for your favorite classic stories with new and colorful re-printings!
• MARVEL’S GREATEST CREATORS: AVENGERS – THE ORIGIN OF MANTIS #1: Reprinting Avengers (1963) #123
• MARVEL’S GREATEST CREATORS: HULK – THE WEDDING OF RICK JONES #1: Reprinting Incredible Hulk (1968) #418
• MARVEL’S GREATEST CREATORS: INVADERS #1: Reprinting Invaders (1975) #1
• MARVEL’S GREATEST CREATORS: IRON FIST – COLLEEN WING #1: Reprinting Marvel Premiere #19
• MARVEL’S GREATEST CREATORS: IRON FIST – MISTY KNIGHT #1: Reprinting Marvel Premiere #21
• MARVEL’S GREATEST CREATORS: LUKE CAGE, POWER MAN – PIRANHA! #1: Reprinting Power Man #30
• MARVEL’S GREATEST CREATORS: POWER PACK #1: Reprinting Power Pack (1984) #1
• MARVEL’S GREATEST CREATORS: SILVER SURFER – RUDE AWAKENING #1: Reprinting Silver Surfer (1987) #51
• MARVEL’S GREATEST CREATORS: SPIDER-MAN – KRAVEN’S LAST HUNT #1: Reprinting Web of Spider-Man (1985) #31
• MARVEL’S GREATEST CREATORS: WHAT-IF? – SPIDER-GIRL #1: Reprinting What If? (1989) #105 Continue reading Marvel Presents “Marvel’s Greatest Creators” True Believers Month For May→
We’re only a couple of more months away from the next exciting chapter in the growing Marvel Cinematic Universe with “Captain Marvel”. In order to get us even more amped up about the new film, the House Of Ideas will be releasing 10 brand-new comic books under their “True Believers” line. I’ve discussed these extensively at this point and cannot recommend them any more than I already have. With a $1 price tag on each of them, it’s a perfect way to not only introduce an impressionable young reader into the hobby but its also a cool way to have a few “reading copies” in a small box for you to peruse. Let’s take a look at the ten re-issues that focus on the Captain Marvel side of the fence. All issues run “32” pages with the exception of one that spans “40”.
Greetings friends, I’m here to broadcast what will be surely amount to being one of the most popular of the “True Believers” run of one dollar issues by Marvel Comics. With the brand-new “Conan The Barbarian” series launching next month, it makes sense that these ten affordable issues help celebrate the classic era of Robert E. Howards incredible creation from the Hyborian Age. Join your fellow comic book collectors for a trip back in time to ancient Cimmeria this January.
TRUE BELIEVERS: CONAN THE BARBARIAN #1: Reprinting Conan the Barbarian (1970) #1
32 PGS./Rated T …$1.00
TRUE BELIEVERS: CONAN — THE TOWER OF THE ELEPHANT #1: Reprinting Conan the Barbarian (1970) #4
32 PGS./Rated T …$1.00
Hey there readers, despite being stunned still at the passing of the great Stan Lee, I am so excited to share the news about this upcoming batch of Marvel Comics “True Believers” titles but first, please tell me that you were paying attention when I discussed the October “WHAT IF?” issues and the group that ran right before it with the “MARVEL KNIGHTS” because there were some awesome reprints in there. If you have a friend at the comic store see if they can secure these for you still because they are worth it. Now without any further adieu, here are Decembers series that focus on “Fantastic Four” Villains. Let’s take a look at the covers and what classic issue that they reprint.
TRUE BELIEVERS: FANTASTIC FOUR – SKRULLS #1: Reprinting: Fantastic Four (1961) #2
TRUE BELIEVERS: FANTASTIC FOUR – PUPPET MASTER #1: Reprinting: Fantastic Four (1961) #8
Hot on the heels of the most recent True Believers one-dollar issues that showcased the “MARVEL KNIGHTS” we get another exciting offering with October’s “WHAT IF? TRUE BELIEVERS MONTH!” I don’t know about you readers, but it sure seems like the fine folks at the House Of Ideas are looking to make these more of a regular occurrence and I am fine with that. We didn’t find an actual press release to go along with these but do have the cover art and the reference of what original issue the titles are based on. Let’s take a look.
TRUE BELIEVERS: WHAT IF THE AVENGERS HAD FOUGHT EVIL DURING THE 1950S? #1
Reprinting What If? (1977) #9
TRUE BELIEVERS: WHAT IF JANE FOSTER HAD FOUND THE HAMMER OF THOR? #1
Reprinting What If? (1977) #10