Tuesdays will need to make room from being known for tacos to being a day where some awesome tours are also announced and this weird introduction leads me into the news about the tour with Russian Folk Metal titans Arkona. Take a look down below and know that I will return at the close with some added editorial opinion.
The Press Release:
Russian Metal outfit ARKONA will return to North America this summer as part of their “Pagan Rebellion” tour, with support from Wind Rose & Metsatoll. The Pagan metal band is hitting the road on the strength of their 2018 full length, Khram. The upcoming tour kicks off at the Token Lounge in Detroit, MI on August 26th, and concludes in Chicago, IL at Reggie’s on September 23rd. Continue reading Arkona & Wind Rose Announce “Pagan Rebellion” North American Tour→
I’ve been a fan of this band from the very first note of the album “Slania” that feels like it had come out so very long ago and can honestly say to the fans out there that each and every concert that this band does is more exciting than the last. That makes me super psyched to share the news that Eluveitie is once again heading our way with a sure to be bang up tour for their newest album “Origins”. They’ll be bringing along both Tyr and Metsatoll as well who are worthy of honors themselves. Check out the full press release and dates along with the poster below and then I will return with some closing opinion on the matter.
Swiss folk-metal pioneers, ELUVEITIE, will return to North America once again for a headlining tour this Fall! The band will be touring in support of their highly-anticipated follow-up to Helvetios (2012), with the release of their new album, Origins, this August.
“In September, 2013, our massive Helvetios world tour came to a well-deserved end. After just over 200 shows, spread over 3 continents and including over 30 countries, it was time begin work on a new album,” comments drummer Merlin Sutter. “Now that we’re finally holding Origins in our hands, we can’t wait to share it with you – and what better way to do so than with a tour! We are extremely excited to kick off our new tour in North America this time, and you can expect us to make every single night one to remember. We’ll bring along some of the most exciting new ELUVEITIE music yet, as well as a hand-picked line-up featuring our friends from the Faroe Islands, the magnificent TYR, and the excellent Metsatöll from Estonia. See you this Fall!” Continue reading Eluveitie Reveals Their “Origins” With 2014 Tour→
The Details: I still remember the Folk Metal thrashing that the fans got when Finntroll first came to the states as the opening act for the Sodom tour back in 2006 and without trying to sound disrespectful, they were an incredibly hard act to follow and the Germans had their hands full. The visit showed the band that returning to these parts was good hunting in the name of Metal and since that fateful night they have released four more albums and knocked our socks off with each and every visit. Its been a couple of years but now the band is returning to the new Stage 48 club and bringing along the mighty Blackguard and Metsatoll from Estonia for good measure. You know you don’t want to miss out on this one. The show itself excites me, and even more so now that the marketing team at this beautiful space have offered a couple of tickets to my ardent supporters. Read below on how to participate in this one. Continue reading Win To See Finntroll In NYC On 11/5/2013→
Looking back on 2012 as a concert going year I had to say that there were a lot of cool highlights for me. Sure I was compiling my “Year End Best Of” to cover all the different things that I’ve examined over the year but with the blog growing faster and faster and more contests happening on it for the crushing shows that hit our town, I decided to keep showcasing a number of the concerts that I saw during the course of the year. Bear in mind that these are my very favorite ones out of the whole bunch. I really had a great time seeing a number of shows but these stood out. Here we go.
1. KISS @ Live On Letterman: I don’t think that I need to go into how cool it is to see a band like KISS in the Ed Sullivan Theatre. The place holds 500 or so people and KISS sells out places that hold thousands more. See why I felt this was special. So yeah.
2. Nightwish and Kamelot @ Beacon Theatre: Nightwish and Kamelot both hold very special places to me as a music scribe and having them paired up for a tour was extraordinary.
3. Trans-Siberian Orchestra @ Prudential Center: This show was the debut of the new “Lost Christmas Eve” themed tour.
4. Roger Waters @ Yankee Stadium: My second time at Yankee Stadium for a massive concert and with Roger playing “The Wall” from front to back I stood awestruck.
5. KISS & Motley Crue @ PNC Bank Arts Center: This was a kickass pairing and the guys in The Treatment were pretty damned good as well.
6. Lamb Of God @ Roseland Ballroom: Metal laid waste to NYC this night.
7. Paganfest @ Gramercy Theatre: Turisas headlined this one and brought along Alestorm, Arkona and Huntress.
8. Sabaton @ Gramercy Theatre: This band is climbing the pole of popularity. Local support
9. Rhapsody Of Fire @ Gramercy Theatre: There was so much drama with the RoF division leading up to this show but you would never notice with the levels of kick ass Power Metal that was happening on the stage.