If you were one of the lucky ones, you got to see the advance screening of “Batman: Return Of The Caped Crusaders” at the NY Comic Con that just took place over the last few days at the Javits Center and some other parts of NYC since it was so darned big an event. If you didn’t catch it, perhaps you are one of the lucky winners of the contest that I ran on THIS LINK Whatever the case might be, the film opens to the general public today for One Night Only and you don’t want to miss out on the fun-filled action. Take a look at the awesome poster and some premise.
About The Film:
Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders is an upcoming 2016 American animated superhero film produced by Warner Bros. Animation and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. Based on the 1960s Batman TV series, the film stars Adam West, Burt Ward, and Julie Newmar reprising their roles of Batman, Robin, and Catwoman from the series. Originally intended to be released directly on home video, the film will premiere at the New York Comic Con on October 6, 2016, to be followed by a simultaneous release in theaters on October 10, 2016, a digitally home video release on October 11, 2016 and on DVD and Blu-ray on November 1, 2016.
The Plot: Joker, Penguin, Riddler, and Catwoman collaborate into hatching a nefarious plot that would endanger Gotham City. It’s up to Batman and Robin to thwart this plot and defeat the villains.
Adam West as Bruce Wayne/Batman
Burt Ward as Dick Grayson / Robin
Julie Newmar as Catwoman
Wally Wingert as Riddler
Steven Weber as Alfred Pennyworth
Thomas Lennon as Chief Miles O’Hara
Jeff Bergman as The Joker and The Announcer
William Salyers as The Penguin
Lynne Marie Stewart as Aunt Harriet
Jim Ward as James Gordon
Sirena Irwin as Miranda Moore
PiercingMetal Thoughts: In my contest piece I said how much I loved the show and for a number of years as a child I wanted to be Batman. I’m kind of at that head space again as an adult but don’t worry I barely have the finances for such an endeavor LOL – It’s great that we have Adam West and Burt Ward to do another film of this kind even if its animated because these DC Comics animated features are fantastic. They’re miles ahead of the live action films and bring us a lot of awesome storylines. So are you readers fans of this stuff? Will you be trying to see this in the theaters with the rest of us? I am considering going tonight myself so you should as well. It’s opening at a number of theaters in the city so I want to take advantage of it while I can. Let me know your thoughts in the comments section below.
Official Film Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman%3A_Return_of_the_Caped_Crusaders
The Details: “Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders” is an upcoming 2016 American animated superhero film produced by Warner Bros. Animation and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. Based on the 1960s Batman TV series, the film stars Adam West, Burt Ward, and Julie Newmar reprising their roles of Batman, Robin, and Catwoman from the series. Originally intended to be released directly on home video, the film will premiere at the New York Comic Con on October 6, 2016, to be followed by a simultaneous release in theaters on October 10, 2016, a digitally home video release on October 11, 2016 and on DVD and Blu-ray on November 1, 2016.
When and Where: Monday, October 10th 7:30pm @ AMC Empire 25 (New York, NY)
To Participate: I grew up on the classic Batman television series and remember it fondly. Even as an adult the show remains special to me and I am absolutely stoked to offer up this contest to our readers and fans of the show right after the always incredible NY Comic Con. Those folks at Fathom Events are really dishing out some awesome IMHO. Here’s what you can do for me with this one. Name your three very favorite episodes of the original show and what about them made it special. That should be easy enough and if you are just one of the curious give me three solid things about the Batman mythology that keep you interested as a fan. They have to be good of course since one or two words are not going to do it at all. Read the guidelines below and then head on over to the Batcave. The Batcomputer needs you aware of these specs below.
– Enter only enter once. All comments are moderated and will not appear immediately after your submission until staff can review them.
– Number them for ease of knowing if you followed the instructions or not if I’ve asked for a list of items.
– Please enter your full real name in the comment form along with an email address that you can be reached at if you win. This is necessary to process your ticket and I cannot stress it enough. Please do NOT put this information in the comment itself out of privacy concerns. Winners are entered into a system by PiercingMetal Moderators, so the email must be a valid and regularly checked one.
– As this is a special advance screening that means only a few tickets are here to use so please only enter if you can and will attend the screening should you win and it’s logistically possible for you to do so. Essentially if you live a couple of hundred miles away we don’t think you’re coming here for a show in NYC.
– Subscribe to the comments on the contest post and check back to see the responses so you know if you won or not. I am very quick to choose once a few have come in.
– Make sure you are entering a NEW comment and not replying to another contestant’s entry as that makes notifying you all the more difficult should you be marked as a winner.
– Monitor your email once you have been marked as a winner for notes from Fathom Events or PiercingMetal.com – I will not be able to re-enter into the system once its done the first time.
Bring it on as this one will close by noon on the day of the screening or when my allotment has been depleted. Whichever comes first.
Continue reading Win A Ticket To “Batman: Return Of The Caped Crusaders” @ AMC Empire 25 on 10/10/2016