The Press Release:
This November/December, Ensiferum will embark on their “Path To Victory” North American headlining tour, featuring Kalmah, Abigail Williams, and Aenimus as support. Ensiferum’s Sami Hinkka (Bass/Vocals) comments: “Hi folks! It’s time to get back on the road for one last time before we head to studio to record the next Ensiferum album. We couldn’t be more thrilled about the upcoming North America tour! It’s gonna be fireworks of metal for the whole evening because we’ll share the stage with awesome bands: Kalmah, Abigail Williams and Aenimus!”
Though we haven’t even finished with the Fall season, the winter tours for the upcoming year are getting announced. This one should be interesting as its the long hoped for return of Ensiferum. Read on down below.
The Press Release:
After nearly four years of absence, ENSIFERUM has announced a full North American headlining tour. Set to begin January 5th and run through January 29th, support will be provided by Septicflesh as well as an additional opener still to be announced.
Comments bassist Sami Hinkka, “It’s been way too many years since we rocked with our North American warrior brothers and sisters. So early 2019 we will set sails and head to your shores and we are not coming alone. We will join forces with a brilliant and ass kicking band, Septicflesh, and a special guest. What a way to start a new year! This tour will leave its mark on the history of metal so get your ticket in advance and get ready to mosh with us like there is no tomorrow. On this tour, we have no chance to play in every city that we would want to, so we are doing our best to return to North America for a second time in 2019. Stay tuned and see you soon!” Continue reading Ensiferum Announces 2019 “Path To Glory” North American Headlining Tour→
When I announced the performer lineup for the 2019 “ShipRocked” Cruise (seen HERE), a lot of Metalheads were wondering just what in the heck was going on with the announcement for the 2019 “70K Tons Of Metal” excursion since that usually came up in July. Well, as the saying goes “it’s better late than never” as the first details and bands have been lined out. Read on down below.
60 Bands, 4 Days, 1 Cruise Ship, and only 3000 Tickets. This is 70000TONS OF METAL™, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!
On 70000TONS OF METAL™ you get unrestricted festival access to all 120 live shows on board, 70000TONS™ OF KARAOKE until sunrise, Jamming With Waters In International Waters – the Official 70000TONS OF METAL™ All Star Jam which writes Heavy Metal History every year, Clinics and Work-Shops with the musicians, our infamous Belly Flop Contest, Shore Excursions with your favorite artists, and much more! Continue reading 70,000Tons Of Metal Announces First Bands For 2019 Excursion→
At this point in time do I really need to say that I see a lot of concerts during the course of the year? I hope not because this one of the key factors that makes up my daily life as founder of the PiercingMetal brand. That said ?I wanted to once again use the Official Blog for the site to highlight a number of the shows that I attended during 2013 that I felt were the absolute best experiences. They’re not really in order of impact or importance but there are a few at the top that did hit me the hardest. Here we go.
1. Metallica @ The Apollo Theater: Thrashing like a maniac in Harlem? Yeah that happened. Classic set and free beer for the whole show. No complaints here.
2. Kamelot @ Stage 48: Returning to the headlining stage with Delain as support and Eklipse. This was a righteous show for sure. My belief in this band was reinforced yet again. I was not surprised in this.
3. Eddie Trunk 30th Anniversary Bash: Another one that I was super fortunate to participate in because an all-star jam with members of KISS, Overkill, Twisted Sister, Accept, Anthrax, Stryper, Guns n Roses and so many more is just impossible to qualify as being “an okay time”. This was insanity.
4. Trans-Siberian Orchestra @ Prudential Center: The final go round for the “Lost Christmas Eve” tour premise. Always a bombastic spectacle that needs seeing for believing.
5. Rock Allegiance Tour w/Volbeat & HIM @ Williamsburg Park: Two excellent main acts and solid support from All That Remains. Whew. Exciting for Brooklyn and you know how we roll in this borough.
6. Black Veil Brides @ Best Buy Theater: The Church Of The Wild Ones destroyed NYC with this appearance. The BVB clearly delivers in the live sense and they love their fans.
7. Testament @ Best Buy Theater: Testament on the rightful headlining stage with support from the mighty Overkill. Yeah you were going to be in pain after this one. I know my head was ringing for days.
8. Robin Zander @ B.B. King Blues Club: The legendary front man doing a solo gig of covers and songs he likes with legendary area musicians. This was surprise after surprise and a show I was glad to have been a part of. Randy Jackson opened and left you wanting more when he left. Continue reading PiercingMetal’s “Best Of” 2013: The Concerts→