Metalsucks.net presents the return of Alcest. If you love this band you know they don’t get here a lot so don’t miss out.
Alcest will bring their Doomish sounds to NYC along with Emma Ruth Rundle.
Just noticed an announcement by Alcest who’ve revealed a few weeks of touring to help us close out Summer and lead us into the Fall. Check out the poster and the bands official statement below.
We are very happy to announce that Alcest will tour in Mexico and North America in September/October 2015. It’s been 3 years since we played in North America as headliners, so we are very excited to be back. Our support guest on this tour will be the talented Emma Ruth Rundle (Marriages, Red Sparrowes). Be sure to catch us on one of these dates, tickets will be on sale on Friday!
At this point in time do I really need to say that I see a lot of concerts during the course of the year? I hope not because this one of the key factors that makes up my daily life as founder of the PiercingMetal brand. That said ?I wanted to once again use the Official Blog for the site to highlight a number of the shows that I attended during 2013 that I felt were the absolute best experiences. They’re not really in order of impact or importance but there are a few at the top that did hit me the hardest. Here we go.
1. Metallica @ The Apollo Theater: Thrashing like a maniac in Harlem? Yeah that happened. Classic set and free beer for the whole show. No complaints here.
2. Kamelot @ Stage 48: Returning to the headlining stage with Delain as support and Eklipse. This was a righteous show for sure. My belief in this band was reinforced yet again. I was not surprised in this.
3. Eddie Trunk 30th Anniversary Bash: Another one that I was super fortunate to participate in because an all-star jam with members of KISS, Overkill, Twisted Sister, Accept, Anthrax, Stryper, Guns n Roses and so many more is just impossible to qualify as being “an okay time”. This was insanity.
4. Trans-Siberian Orchestra @ Prudential Center: The final go round for the “Lost Christmas Eve” tour premise. Always a bombastic spectacle that needs seeing for believing.
5. Rock Allegiance Tour w/Volbeat & HIM @ Williamsburg Park: Two excellent main acts and solid support from All That Remains. Whew. Exciting for Brooklyn and you know how we roll in this borough.
6. Black Veil Brides @ Best Buy Theater: The Church Of The Wild Ones destroyed NYC with this appearance. The BVB clearly delivers in the live sense and they love their fans.
7. Testament @ Best Buy Theater: Testament on the rightful headlining stage with support from the mighty Overkill. Yeah you were going to be in pain after this one. I know my head was ringing for days.
8. Robin Zander @ B.B. King Blues Club: The legendary front man doing a solo gig of covers and songs he likes with legendary area musicians. This was surprise after surprise and a show I was glad to have been a part of. Randy Jackson opened and left you wanting more when he left.
Continue reading PiercingMetal’s “Best Of” 2013: The Concerts
Now this sure sounds like it’s going to be interesting. Anathema is hitting the good old US of A for the very first time ever in their storied career. Check out the poster, the press release and then we can discuss in a little bit more detail.
The Press Release:
ANATHEMA ANNOUNCE FIRST EVER US TOUR SUPPORTING RECENT BEST SELLING ALBUM….FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE New York, NY (July XX, 2013) – Atmospheric rock band Anathema have annouced their HIGHLY anticipated debut US tour with Alcest and Mamiffer in support of their best selling album in the US ‘Weather Systems’. The tour will cross the United States from 9/12- 10/5, jumping into canada 9/16 and 9/17. Anathema have been at the forefront of the UK rock/metal movement for many years. They began their journey as pioneers of melodic heavy music, influencing a myriad of bands to follow them, before outgrowing all genres and limitations as they fearlessly explored new territory and new ways to express feeling through sound.
Continue reading Anathema Announce A First-Ever US Tour For 2013