The Scoop: Hey my friends, I am back one final time to line out some of the highlights of the past few days virtual event “New York Comic Con x MCM Comic Con’s Metaverse” which took the place of the pandemically cancelled New York Comic Con this year. The list below comes from the events media representatives and I am sharing them with you in the event you missed some of these discussions. Take a look.
* Animaniacs’ executive producer Wellesley Wild, co-executive producer Gabe Swarr and voice cast members Rob Paulsen, Tress MacNeille, Jess Harnell and Maurice LaMarche came together for a zany to the max panel discussing the upcoming Hulu reboot and reveled a teaser clip:
* Fans of What We Do in the Shadows received some exciting news from series stars Matt Berry, Kayvan Novak, Natasia Demetriou, Harvey Guillén, Mark Proksch and the creative team when they dropped major teasers on what to expect for season 3.
* DC’s Stargirl creator/executive producer Geoff Johns joined series stars Brec Bassinger (Bella & the Bulldogs, All Night), Yvette Monreal (Rambo: Last Blood, Faking It), Anjelika Washington (Tall Girl, Girl’s Room), Cameron Gellman (Heathers), and Meg DeLacy (The Fosters), as they relived the first season’s most epic moments and gave a first look at the upcoming season.
* The Cast and Executive Producers came together to discuss One Day at a Time returning to CBS after forty years, the future of the Sony Pictures Television series and importance of Latinx representation on television. Moderated by Ariana Romero, Senior TV Critic at Refinery29.
* The Freak Brothers cast (which includes Adam Devine, Blake Anderson, Tiffany Haddish and Pete Davidson), Executive Producers and Showrunners unite for a hysterical conversation, as they discuss bringing this 50-year-old comic book series back to life as an adult animation.
PiercingMetal Thoughts: So that’s all they wrote my friends and I have to say that I enjoyed what I saw being presented. Sure I didn’t glue myself to the channel since I had some other things to attend to over the weekend but what I did see was cool. I’ve been looking to see “What We Do In The Shadows” for awhile now and cannot wait until the second season of “Stargirl” since the first one was so much fun. “The Freak Brothers” intrigues me but I was never someone who followed the comic book series. That was always in the Underground Section and depending on your age you couldn’t always access that part of the store. Now that the event is over and done with you might want to hit the website linked below and peruse the Artist Alley and Vendor section one more time and bookmark the ones you want to spend some money at for good measure. I know I will be doing that as soon as I post this and watch the season premiere of “Fear The Walking Dead” which airs this evening. Chime in down below if you like as its always awesome to hear from you. See you next time.