Welcome back to our annual series of “New Year’s Music Resolutions”; it’s our third year doing this and still a blast to get a glimpse inside these talented artists plans for the year. That said, let’s get down to business with the second chapter.
1. Mike LePond (Symphony X): My New Year’s Music Resolution is to release a new Symphony X and a new Solo album all in the same year.
2. JUNGLE ROT: To keep positive about our Industry when things go wrong or bad, I will make the best of it. Mostly while on the road, like when touring and having to make sure that we are getting paid out for the night, dealing with getting taxed on merch, even making sure to get our buy-out to eat for that day. Trying to stay positive after doing an 8hrs drive from the night before and pulling up to the venue and there is nowhere to park, even after you confirmed with the club that there would be, and to keep positive when we have to drive around for another hour trying to land a spot. (This is a sign of a bad night.) After 20 yrs. of touring and dealing with the business side of the band, it has taken a toll on me. I am starting to enjoy myself again over the last two years or so, and staying positive as much as I can has a lot to do with it. It took me a while, but I found out in the end that my bandmates have my back and will always assure me that when things get tough, that things will be all-right and will get better.
3. Christina Chriss (Kaleido): My New Year’s Music Resolution is to take Kaleido to the next level. Lots more touring, writing the best songs that we can and extending our network and fan base most importantly. Since starting the band in 2011, we’ve matured at a very quick pace, and this year I plan on really kicking it into high gear.
4. Freddy Lim (Chthonic): Mine would be to tour in more different countries and have more new ideas!
5. Bobby Rondinelli (Black Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, Rondinelli, Lizards): To take it to the next level.
6. Chris Caffery (Savatage/Trans-Siberian Orchestra): I will get my stage in my bar built for live performances from home and finish my new solo CD!
7. John Kevill (Warbringer): To continue to roll around the planet detonating places, using the power of really loud guitars
8. Jeremy Edge (Candlelight Red): This year my new Years resolution is to write some music for an upcoming solo record as well as tunes for the next Candlelight Red release. I also have been wanting to spend more time studying latin and middle eastern music so I’m looking fwd to exploring those influences!
Cool insights once again. I know I will be looking out for the new music that a few of these fine artists said are in the planning stages. Thanks to the social mediums, its easy to enjoy their offerings even before they present them to us on physical media. Thanks Soundcloud etc. Until we meet again tomorrow for Chapter Three, please enjoy what they are all up to via their websites which are linked below.
Candlelight Red: https://www.facebook.com/candlelightred
Chris Caffery: http://operationrockstar.com/chriscaffery/
Jungle Rot: http://www.jungle-rot.com/
Symphony X: http://www.symphonyx.com/
Trans-Siberian Orchestra: http://www.trans-siberian.com/