The film “Godzilla Vs. Kong” is breaking records at a time when we all need some take me away from it all knockdown action and if you haven’t seen this yet I highly recommend it. The popularity of the King Of The Monsters found me excited to share this news from the fine folks over at the Mezco Toyz company who have just recently revealed two boxed sets of figures that celebrate the film “Destroy All Monsters”. Let’s take a look at the press copy and the images that they provided down below.
The Press Release:
5 Points XL Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters (1968) – Round 1 & 2 Boxed Sets
Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters (1968) – Round 1 Boxed Set. 5 Points XL – a colossal addition to our nostalgic 5 Points line with the same fan-fueled fun, but bigger! …It’s a little bit of a big deal. The monsters are in revolt…and the world is on the brink of destruction! Inspired by the 1968 film, this colossal crate of kaiju can barely contain the beasts of Monsterland – Godzilla, Mothra, Anguirus, and Rodan!
THE 5 POINTS XL GODZILLA: DESTROY ALL MONSTERS (1968): ROUND 1 BOXED SET INCLUDES:
* Godzilla – King of the Monsters! Godzilla comes with a pair of alternate arms, an alternate head portrait, and his signature atomic breath FX that attaches to one of his head portraits.
* Mothra – The giant moth goddess is depicted in her larval stage. Mothra comes with a web FX that attaches to her mouth.
* Anguirus – Friend or foe? This five-brained burrowing Kaiju comes with an alternate closed-mouth head portrait.
* Rodan – Irradiated Pteranodon and flying menace! Rodan comes with an alternate closed-mouth head portrait.
* Two (2) pairs of Godzilla arms
* Two (2) Godzilla head portraits
* One (1) Godzilla atomic breath FX
* One (1) Mothra web FX
* Two (2) Anguirus head portraits
* Two (2) Rodan head portraits
* Two (2) display bases
5 Points XL Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters (1968): Round 1 Boxed Set is packaged in a collector-friendly box, designed with collectors in mind.
Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters (1968) – Round 2 Boxed Set. 5 Points XL – a colossal addition to our nostalgic 5 Points line with the same fan-fueled fun, but bigger! …It’s a little bit of a big deal. It’s an all-out attack of monstrous proportions as the battle against the three-headed kaiju king from outer space continues! This second bursting box of behemoths contains King Ghidorah, Manilla, Gorosaurus, and Baragon and includes select interchangeable heads, arms, legs, or FX.
THE 5 POINTS XL GODZILLA: DESTROY ALL MONSTERS (1968): ROUND 2 BOXED SET INCLUDES:
* King Ghidorah – This three-headed space dragon is also Godzilla’s arch-enemy! King Ghidorah comes with three gravity beam FX that can attach to his three head portraits.
* Minilla – son of Godzilla. Minilla comes with alternate arms, an alternate head portrait, and his signature atomic smoke ring FX that attaches to his head portrait… he’s still working out the whole atomic breath thing.
* Gorosaurus – The giant dinosaur that utilizes a leaping kick attack, similar to that of a kangaroo.
* Baragon – A four-legged, horned dinosaur-like creature. Baragon is known to leap long distances, burrow deep into the ground, and use his head to get his point across. Baragon comes with an alternate head portrait and an alternate pair of legs.
* Two (2) Baragon head portraits
* One (1) pair of Baragon legs
* Three (3) King Ghidorah gravity beam FX
* Two (2) Minilla head portraits
* Two (2) pairs of Minilla arms
* One (1) Minilla atomic smoke ring FX
* Four (4) display bases
5 Points XL Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters (1968): Round 2 Boxed Set is packaged in a collector-friendly box, designed with collectors in mind. 5 Points XL Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters (1968) – Round 1 & 2 Boxed Sets are available for preorder at https://mezcotoyz.com/5-points-xl-godzilla-destroy-all-monsters-1968.
*** end of transmission ***
PiercingMetal Thoughts: Simply put – Where is my credit card!!!! “Destroy All Monsters” is one of my very favorite of the Godzilla films and maybe because I saw it at such an early age. It would have been at a repeat viewing since I know I didn’t see it when I was three years old but I do know that I would have seen this with my grandmother at the long shuttered Meserole Theatre in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. Sure its a cheesy film but it was impacting at that age and I just love what the fine folks at Mezco are doing with this license and these boxed sets. I’m going to look into ordering this before it sells out because like most of this company’s releases there are only so many of them manufactured and if you snooze you most certainly lose. Truth be told, $85 beans isn’t all that bad for “4” unique action figures and their accessories. I admit that I am unaware of what’s been created over in Japan but outside of Rodan, Mothra and Ghidorah, the likes of Anguirus, Baragon, Gorosaurus and Manilla have NEVER been put to plastic here in the USA. This news comes as the perfect compliment to some recently revealed Godzilla mobile games news which can be found HERE in case you missed that. Closing up I wonder what you collectors think about this news and will you be ordering it. Chime in down below in the comments and I will see you next time. Thanks for reading.
Mezco Toyz: http://www.mezcotoyz.com
“Destroy All Monsters” Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destroy_All_Monsters