I’ve long admired the skills that so many of the Cosplayers that I’ve encountered at the New York Comic Con and other conventions showcase to the world with their awesome representations of great heroes and villains. Now it seems like the folks over at the House Of Ideas are revisiting their “Cosplay Variant Covers” initiative and giving us “14” new covers and characters. Let’s take a look at the full press release and these awesome images.
The Press Release:
Cosplay is taking over again this fall! Following last year’s wildly successful round of variant covers, Marvel is excited to bring an entirely new wave of MARVEL: COSPLAY VARIANTS to select comics throughout September and October! Featuring new costumes, new cosplayers, and new characters – these mighty Marvel fans are brining your favorite super heroes to life across nearly 15 different titles!
“The response to our first set of COSPLAY VARIANTS was so incredible, we simply had to do a second wave,” says Axel Alonso, Marvel Editor-in-Chief. “And, of course, we were able to find a great crop of cosplayers with some truly fantastic costumes. We’re thrilled to shine a spotlight on an ever-growing community that continues to show love for us and our characters.”
Look for these exciting Marvel: (Cosplay Variant) s coming to these titles later this year:
1. A-FORCE #9: Cosplay Variant by Crystal Melton
2. A-FORCE #10: Cosplay Variant by Corrine Vitek
3. BLACK PANTHER #7: Cosplay Variant by ScorpKing Costuming
4. GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #12: Cosplay Variant by Johnny Junkers
5. MOCKINGBIRD #8: Cosplay Variant by Lauren Matesic of Castle Corsetry
6. PATSY WALKER, A.K.A. HELLCAT! #11: Cosplay Variant by DJ Spider
7. SCARLET WITCH #10: Cosplay Variant by Yaya Han
8. SILK #12: Cosplay Variant by Rian Synnth
9. SPIDER-MAN #8: Cosplay Variant by Pierre Demery
10. THE PUNISHER #6: Cosplay Variant by Mike Powell
11. THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #12: Cosplay Variant by Riki ‘Riddle’ Lecotey
12. THE UNBELIEVABLE GWENPOOL #6: Cosplay Variant by Alana Waffles
13. THUNDERBOLTS #5: Cosplay Variant by Wesley Johnson
14. THE ULTIMATES #11: Cosplay Variant by Knobel Creations
No fan should miss out on these exciting covers featuring your favorite Marvel characters brought to life by these stunning cosplayers! Head to your local comic shop beginning this September! To find a comic shop near you, visit http://www.comicshoplocator.com or call 1-888-comicbook.
*** end of transmission ***
PiercingMetal Thoughts: So there you have it. Aren’t those some fantastic representations of the Marvel Universe? I liked these the most so far because every cosplayer is in the guise of a character from the comic whose cover they are on. Now I don’t traditionally pick up the variant covers because I already have too much of this stuff in my apartment but I think so many of these are awesome additions to your collection if you are a hunter and gatherer of the variants. Who knows, perhaps while attending a convention you might meet one of these people and can get them to sign the cover for you. Oh yeah and speaking of conventions, here is a shameless plug. I’ve mentioned my encountering a wide variety of costumed fans and if you want to peruse some of my photographic findings on the matter just click HERE for a tag that will bring up a wealth of content that features them. Also, I will once again be attending the upcoming NY Comic Con as a member of the press and if you’d like to mark THIS TAG down for reference you will be able to see any of that content as it goes live. See you next time.
Official Website: http://www.marvel.com
Official Website: http://junkerscosplay.blogspot.com/
Official Website: https://www.facebook.com/RianSynnth/
Official Website: https://www.facebook.com/Riddlesmessywardrobe/
Official Website: http://www.yayahan.com/