The New York Comic Con is only a few short weeks away and with that being the case I wanted to make sure that I posted the assorted “Cosplay” variant covers that are going to be hitting the stands starting in October. Some of them will have already come out by the time that the Con begins and the rest will keep following each week until the end of the month. The post will help serve as your shopping list for these issues and the wonderful designs of some truly talented Cosplayers who are featured across the covers. I’m copping the “let the artwork do the talking” attitude this time around but I guess I should say “Let the Cosplay do the talking” based on the topic. Here we go.
Here’s the full run down of titles once more without the photos to sway your eye, I figure its easier to shop sometimes with a checklist too.
1. A-Force #1 Cosplay Variant by Jay Justice
2. All-New Inhumans #1 Cosplay Variant by Yaya Han
3. Amazing Spider-Man #1 Cosplay Variant by Aaron Rivin
4. Astonishing Ant-Man #1 Cosplay Variant by SoloRoboto Industries
5. Avengers #0 Cosplay Variant by Michael Cox
6. Captain Marvel #1 Cosplay Variant by Judy Stephens
7. Daredevil #1 Cosplay Variant by Patrick ‘Rick’ Lane
8. Doctor Strange #1 Cosplay Variant by Allen Lee Hansard
9. Extraordinary X-Men #1 Cosplay Variant by Amanda Lynne Shafer
10. Guardians of the Galaxy #1 Cosplay Variant by Contagious Costuming
11. Invincible Iron Man #1 Cosplay Variant by Dale Oliver
12. Ms. Marvel #1 Cosplay Variant by Soni Balestier
13. Nova #1 Cosplay Variant by Cap Santiago
14. Sam Wilson Captain America #1 Cosplay Variant by Eddie Newsome
15. Spider-Gwen #1 Cosplay Variant by Kathrine Zan
16. Spider-Woman #1 Cosplay Variant by Yashuntafun Cosplay
17. The Mighty Thor #1 Cosplay Variant by Sarah Jean Maefs
18. The Mighty Thor #2 Cosplay Variant by Kevin Spooner
19. Uncanny Avengers #1 Cosplay Variant by Miss Kit Quinn
20. Uncanny Inhumans #1 Cosplay Variant by Kalel Sean
PiercingMetal Thoughts: There is nothing I can say about this other than “That was awesome” because it was. These Cosplayers really did the job well and I am certain that I met a few of them over the years at both New York Comic Con and Special Edition NYC. Too bad DC Comics didn’t decide to mirror this great idea because it would have added to the mix quite substantially. This has only excited me all the more for the upcoming NYCC 2015 and makes me hope to catch some of my own favorite Cosplayers like Marcy Lee, Steamed Eggs and Lilly Dubs as they do their thing. I think my favorites of the covers fall to Spider-Gwen, The Mighty Thor with Sarah, Doctor Strange and Extraordinary X-Men the most. Yes I do think that all of the covers rock the socks but those are my first and fast favorites. What do you readers think of this? Would you like to see Marvel Comics make this a yearly showcasing around the Con? I know that I do. Let me know in the comments what you think and hey if you are planning on attending New York Comic Con let me know what you are going to be and perhaps a photograph of you will be a part of our spanning coverage. See you next time.
Official Website: http://www.marvel.com