We enjoy sharing the assorted variant covers that are heading our way from our favorite comic book companies and this group comes from the Marvel side of the fence and will showcase what is called the “Marvel Tsum Tsum Takeover”. Below you can find the Official Press copy and the images that were provided. Enjoy.
The Press Release:
The Marvel Tsum Tsums are invading the Marvel Universe this fall in their very own comic series – MARVEL TSUM TSUM #1. But that’s just the beginning! These cuddly creatures are also making their way to your favorite Marvel titles this August for a series of 20 special Marvel Tsum Tsum Takeover Variants!
The stackable sensations that are sweeping the globe are taking over the covers of your favorite Marvel titles throughout the month of August. Rendered by the biggest artists in the industry – including Ed McGuinness, Sara Pichelli, Chris Samnee and many more – these pint-sized piles of fur are sharing the spotlight with Marvel’s greatest heroes and villains! Don’t miss these exciting Marvel Tsum Tsum Takeover Variants coming to twenty of your favorite Marvel titles in August:
1. All-New Wolverine #11 by Jake Parker
2. All-New, All-Different Avengers #13 by Kris Anka
3. Amazing Spider-Man #16 by Chris Samnee
4. Black Panther #5 by Sara Pichelli
5. Captain America: Steve Rogers #5 by Helen Chen
6. Daredevil #10 by Ed McGuinness
7. Deadpool #17 by Javier Rodriguez
8. Doctor Strange #11 by Ryan Stegman
9. Extraordinary X-Men #13 by Dave Johnson
10. Guardians of the Galaxy #11 by J. Scott Campbell
11. Invincible Iron Man #12 by Brandon Peterson
12. The Mighty Thor #10 by Natacha Bustos
13. Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #10 by Joelle Jones
14. Ms. Marvel #10 by Tradd Moore
15. Old Man Logan #10 by Mike Deodato
16. Power Man and Iron Fist #7 by Ming Doyle
17. Rocket Raccoon and Groot #8 by Brian Kesinger
18. The Unbelievable Gwenpool #5 by Emanuela Lupacchino
19. Uncanny Avengers #12 by Jeff Dekal
20. Uncanny Inhumans #13 by Giuseppe Camuncoli
No fan can afford to miss out on these exciting variant covers featuring their favorite Marvel Tsum Tsums! Run, don’t walk to your local comic shop to get your hands on these can’t miss Marvel Tsum Tsum Takeover Variants and Marvel Tsum Tsum #1 – available this August!
About Tsum Tsum: Since its debut in 2013, Disney Tsum Tsum has quickly become one of the most successful plush lines in Disney Store history, prompting category expansion into softlines, accessories, home décor and more. Featuring classic and new Disney, Marvel and now Star Wars characters, Disney Tsum Tsum’s whimsical design reinterprets everyone’s favorite characters with a unique Japanese aesthetic.
*** end of transmission ***
PiercingMetal Thoughts: I don’t have much to add here but I do think that these variant covers look super fun and colorful. Perhaps the cuteness factor of this variant cover initiative will spark some younger readers into the hobby. Sadly, we only received “15” out of the complete “20” that will be coming out in August and if they send out any more I will simply add them to this posting. Did you like these? Are you someone who purchases the variant covers? I don’t usually so I just wonder what you think about these. You can chime in down below in the comments.
Official Website: http://www.marvel.com