Welcome back. I apologize for the brief pause in the series but I did want to get the “Music Milestone” posting about “Defenders Of The Faith” live before too many days had passed and then we had some other things that were time sensitive in my Metal Presentation. So now we are back and hitting you with the sixth installment, I hope you enjoy it.
1. Joel Hoekstra (Night Ranger/Trans-Siberian Orchestra): For 2014, my New Years resolution is to cherish every moment onstage with Night Ranger, Rock of Ages and Trans-Siberian Orchestra and also give my all to a couple of fun recording side-projects I have going. It’s gonna be a GREAT year!
2. Kobra Paige (Kobra and The Lotus): Another new year is a wicked thing because not only does it mean more rip-roaring heavy metal memories, it means new music. This year is going to bring another musical evolution for Kobra and the Lotus and we can’t wait to share it! To all of our amazing supporters and new friends to come, we can’t wait to see you all out there. HORNZM/M
Continue reading New Year’s Music Resolutions for 2014: Chapter 6
Gimme Five!!!! Remember when that was a common exchange between friends? No? I guess you younger readers would not recognize it since everything appears to be a “pound” these days. Anyway, before I get too off course here, please allow me to welcome you to PiercingMetal’s “New Year’s Music Resolutions” for 2014; This is Chapter 5 an it’s waiting for your perusal. Please read on.
1. Carmine Appice: Haven’t really thought about it . Much more in goals ! Mine are to get my label Rocker Records going to get out cool product . To make my Historical Rod tribute show a success along with Legacy X my new group with Joe Lynn Turner Tony franklin and Jeff Watson a success . And bring back Analog!!!
2. Amanda Kiernan (Order Of Chaos/Into Eternity): My music resolution .. Well .. 2014 ! I want to release Into Eternity album and The Order of Chaos album! I want these songs to change lives and create positive inspiration in every listener. I want to travel the whole world and meet as many ppl as I can! Learn and grow mentally physically and musically I want to spread my love and happiness through out the whole world through my song and my presence .. If I were to get a bit greedy .. My resolution every year is to become a Rockstar! Cover of the Rolling Stone magazine
Continue reading New Year’s Music Resolutions for 2014: Chapter 5
Now we are cooking with gas. Yesteray’s chapter was a lot of fun but don’t worry readers I am not done with the presentation yet so welcome to our “Music Resolutions for 2014” Chapter 4. If you are just joining us now, be sure to click the appropriate tag so you can enjoy the other parts of the series. Now let’s get down to business.
1. Michael DesBarres: My musical plans are pretty simple.to make a lot of music..I feel unfettered by genre..Liberated from category.I want and will play whatever feels right in that moment…I’ve been experimenting with acoustic music in a more vulnerable way and also balls to the wall,cocksure rock and roll. Electronica fascinates me too.The choices of how you use the technology is what’s important. If you go to my website (linked below) you will see the disparate sides of my output.Specifically I am putting out a “Glam Folk” EP..yes, Glam Folk!! called “Solutionism”…acoustic sex music or all ages!..I will return to Japan with Silverhead in june and write a new song for a best of collection coming out in March.I have written a musical based on the imagination of the Marquis de Sade which I will release when it feels right.. I wish all your readers a happy and free year. Free to experiment, free to express the truth. Free.
2. Heidi Parvianen (Dark Sarah): My New Years MUSIC Resolution for 2014 Is that I will do everything to complete the DARK SARAH debut album called “Behind The Black Veil” by several Indie GoGo campaigns, I will add really cool guests on the album, we will do some cool metal riffs on the album, I will try to reach more people and convince you with this new musical style ;), I will try to arrange the first Dark Sarah concert EVER! AND I will complete my studies at the conservatory, I will do my first opera performance in a student opera and do several classical concerts too! But above all the details I know this year will kick ass!!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
Continue reading New Year’s Music Resolutions for 2014: Chapter 4
Hails my friends and welcome back to our series of “New Year’s Music Resolutions” for 2014. We’re now at Chapter Three of the submissions and it’s been some really cool stuff. I love hearing the inside scoop from the people whose music makes me glad I started this writing adventure in the first place. Okay without any further adieu let’s begin.
1. Lita Ford: My New Years Music resolution is to play more guitar. Collect guitars; One can never have enough guitars…… LOL. Rock a little harder. And have fun ! Fun Fun !!!
2. Paul Ablaze (Blackguard): My New Year’s Music Resolutions is to work heavily on my piano playing . I’ve been dabbling in it the past 2 years but I really want to dedicate myself to it this year .
Continue reading New Year’s Music Resolutions for 2014: Chapter 3
Welcome back to our annual series of “New Year’s Music Resolutions”; it’s our third year doing this and still a blast to get a glimpse inside these talented artists plans for the year. That said, let’s get down to business with the second chapter.
1. Mike LePond (Symphony X): My New Year’s Music Resolution is to release a new Symphony X and a new Solo album all in the same year.
2. JUNGLE ROT: To keep positive about our Industry when things go wrong or bad, I will make the best of it. Mostly while on the road, like when touring and having to make sure that we are getting paid out for the night, dealing with getting taxed on merch, even making sure to get our buy-out to eat for that day. Trying to stay positive after doing an 8hrs drive from the night before and pulling up to the venue and there is nowhere to park, even after you confirmed with the club that there would be, and to keep positive when we have to drive around for another hour trying to land a spot. (This is a sign of a bad night.) After 20 yrs. of touring and dealing with the business side of the band, it has taken a toll on me. I am starting to enjoy myself again over the last two years or so, and staying positive as much as I can has a lot to do with it. It took me a while, but I found out in the end that my bandmates have my back and will always assure me that when things get tough, that things will be all-right and will get better.
Continue reading New Year’s Music Resolutions for 2014: Chapter 2