It’s been awhile since fans of Eddie Trunk’s “That Metal Show” have been able to enjoy new episodes of the program, which ended Season 12 in the middle of July 2012. They are also back in the New York Groove and taping the episodes in the Big Apple which is something that the East Coast Rockers have been hoping for as well. The premiere episode of the season airs tonight on VH1 Classic.
With the show returning to NYC there will also be a change in how it is taped. Instead of being done over the span of a single week for the whole season, these new episodes will be recorded on the Tuesday prior to the shows Saturday debut. That will allow for some of the discourse between the hosts to be a little more current. Some of the guests for the season have been confirmed as being Zakk Wylde, Avenged Sevenfold, David Ellefson, Ace Frehley, Vinny Paul, Lamb of God, Korn, Frank Bello, Alter Bridge, Ted Nugent, Joe Satriani and more. As they firm up into the scheduled programs I will append for ease of appreciation. One can also hope that with the return to NYC that a new set design and some fresh segments are introduced as well. Keeps it interesting.
1. Avenged Sevenfold/Black Label Society: M. Shadows and Zakk Wylde, with guest guitarist Jason Hook (from Five Finger Death Punch).
2. Living Colour/Sevendust: Corey Glover, Vernon Reid and Morgan Rose, with guest musician Joel Hoekstra (from Trans-Siberian Orchestra & Night Ranger)
3. Megadeth/Anthrax: David Ellefson and Frank Bello with guest musician Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal
4. Ted Nugent: Ted Nugent with guest musician Gary Hoey
5. Alter Bridge/Matt Nathanson: Mark Tremonti, Myles Kennedy and Matt Nathanson with guest musician Steve Brown (from Trixter).
6. Lamb of God: Randy Blythe and Chris Adler with guest musician Charlie Benante (from Anthrax)
7. Foreigner/Mountain: Mick Jones and Leslie West with guest musician Lita Ford
8. Mötley Crüe: Mick Mars
9. Twisted Sister: Dee Snider
Fans of the program can keep up with its trailers and outtakes via the official links below.
VH1 That Metal Show: http://www.vh1.com/shows/that_metal_show/series.jhtml
Eddie Trunk: http://www.eddietrunk.com
Sadly the program does NOT yet to be available for purchase on DVD for the diehards to build a library up with the past seasons so I cannot offer you links to that. I can embed links to copies of Eddie’s “Essential Hard Rock and Heavy Metal” books though since those are interesting and give you a good background on what he has on the VH1 Classic program.