The Details: Avatar is a very interesting and still sort of new Metal band to this neck of the woods and while their sound is nice and heavy, their presentation is rather unique. Their lead singer is made up like some sinister clown and he really knows how to entertain the masses. I caught them once during their last visit and they are heading our way once more and some of you lucky ducks will be seeing the show for free thanks to the fine folks in the Marketing side of the Highline Ballroom. Check out the details below.
When and Where: Wednesday, May 4th at the Highline Ballroom (431 West 16th Street)
To Participate: I’ll keep this one on the easy side for a change and just ask you to tell me a couple of reasons why this show is of interest to you. Perhaps you have seen them before on one of their adventures or maybe you have been supporting them for a while with their music releases. Whatever the case may be just let me know why you need to be there and I’ll be replying to the winning entries. This is for a single ticket only.
– Enter only enter once. The comments are moderated and will not appear immediately after submission.
– Number them for ease of knowing if you followed the instructions or not if I’ve asked for a list.
– Please enter your full real name in the comment form along with an email address that you can be reached at if you win. This is necessary for listing purposes. Please do NOT put this information in the comment itself out of privacy concerns.
– Only enter if you can and will attend the show should you win and it’s logistically possible for you to do so. Essentially if you live a couple of hundred miles away we don’t think you’re coming here for a show in NYC.
– Subscribe to the comments and check back to see the responses so you know if you won or not.
– Make sure you are entering a NEW comment and not replying to another contestant’s entry as that makes notifying you difficult should you be marked as a winner.
Restrictions: For this contest the restrictions are very simple. If you have won either our Primal Fear/Rhapsody or Uli Jon Roth contests we ask that you don’t enter to give some new fans a chance at enjoying a show on the PiercingMetal brand. Thanks.
If You Win This Contest: If you are marked as one of the winners for this contest, here is how to claim the ticket. On the night of the show go to the venue podium and ask for the House Guest List. Please bring proper identification (driver’s license, passport, NYC ID card) and your name will be checked off that list for you to enter. If you encounter any difficulty, please politely ask for an onsite manager and cite how this contest was done in coordination with venue Marketing and PiercingMetal.com. You can also expect an email to the provided address reminding you of the win so make sure that @piercingmetal.com is listed as a safe domain to receive notes from.