Hey there my Metal Legions and let me once again wish you a very “Happy New Year 2014″ if you didn’t see my “first day” message a couple of days ago. It’s my pleasure to welcome you all to our third year of our series “New Year’s Music Resolutions”. As the site has picked many new readers in 2013, I’ll let them know that this series asks a number of musicians who were asked to participate what their music resolution would be for the year and its always a lot of fun unveiling their plans to you all. For this years series I waited until we were inside the New Year to begin the narratives as opposed to running just after Christmas. That said here is the first chapter. Enjoy.
1. Acey Slade (Solo/Trashlight Vision/Dark Party/Joan Jett): ‘I have, easily, 2 albums worth of material written and maybe 1 more albums worth of 1/2 finished ideas. One of the reasons I haven’t entered the studio was because I was watching what format music listeners are purchasing music on. Sadly the answer that I have seen over the past year is that most music listeners are just not buying music period. Most. Not all. I have some pretty awesome fans and I think I have formulated a plan that will see me in the studio in 2014 doing an album of my own stuff. That’s the goal. At least one album of new stuff.
2. Joe Kurland (Armory): “My New Year’s Music Resolution is simply to try to enjoy music again, whether listening to it, creating it, and especially playing instruments. Being a perfectionist and ultra analyzing everything often makes the whole process of making an album an overwhelmingly stressful burden. Like the Ring in TLOTR, it gives purpose to your life and drives you to achieve great things yet it slowly rots you from the inside. It would also be nice to play several shows and festivals in 2014 in support of our new album”.
3. Erik Olson (Lord Dying): My New Years music resolution is to first off try to do a lot more touring and secondly to try to treat myself better while on tour (health wise). This can be difficult when partying every night. Oh self control, do you exist?
4. Lips (Anvil): My resolution is to get even more fun out of life than last year!!
5. Margarita Monet (Edge Of Paradise): To wrap up “Perfect Shade of Black” CD and unleash it to the ears of the public. To keep touring and never stop… And to also be grateful for the awesome people we met and for all the cool things that 2013 brought our way!
6. Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal (Guns ‘N Roses): To record & release more music
7. Johnny Kelly (Type O Negative/A Pale Horse Named Death/Danzig): 2013 was a good year on the music front. Mine is to make 2014 even better!
8. Ty Tabor (King’s X): I plan to record another solo album, and finish a new “Jelly Jam” cd in 2014. Oh, and to have a number one hit. No biggy.
That was a great start and some really cool things to look forward to in 2014. I’ll be back tomorrow with another chapter of this fun to do series but in the meantime please do click on their official websites so you can be even more educated about the bands that have taken the time to submit a response.
Acey Slade: https:/
Lord Dying: https:/
Edge Of Paradise: http:/
Type O Negative: http://www.typeonegative.net/
King’s X: http://www.kingsxrocks.com/